Which you prefer of Pokemon movies, anime, games, manga?

Guillermo31

i think at my age,if having to choose,id go with the original seasons of pokemon

as much as i love the games and manga,you just cant beat the original show

The original series is much better than anything post-Johto (with the exception of Battle Frontier, which was really neat imo). Sinnoh was 80% remakes of past episodes (how was it "unpredictable" is seriously beyond me) so I never bothered watching the rest of DP after 50-some episodes.

The games, by a landslide. Those games (red/blue) were actually my introduction to Pokemon, which seems rare as most people I ask were introduced by the television show. I dabbled in a bit of everything when the craze was big--the cartoon, cards, manga--but I was hardcore into the games, and still find them to be immensely enjoyable. Everything else fell by the wayside as they were a product of the hype. I was never floored with the cartoon and stopped watching after about 15 episodes or so. I remember the manga being pretty cool, though. It had a lot of nice artwork and a darker story from what I remember.

I've watched every single episode of the anime up to the battle with Elesa in BW, and I'll continue watching some time later. I've played Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Firered/Leafgreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I've watched all movies up to Zoroark: Master of Illusions. I've never read the manga, though I've checked it out a bit to know what it looks like.

From my experience, each of them have something good and different to offer. The anime and games are more fun and entertaining (i.e. better) than the movies and the manga in my opinion. Some episodes for the anime and some games, or parts of both are not good, but they're alright otherwise. The anime became crap from the beginning of Black/White and the games also became bad from that point.

• Like 2

I've watched every single episode of the anime up to the battle with Elesa in BW, and I'll continue watching some time later. I've played Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Firered/Leafgreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I've watched all movies up to Zoroark: Master of Illusions. I've never read the manga, though I've checked it out a bit to know what it looks like.

From my experience, each of them have something good and different to offer. The anime and games are more fun and entertaining (i.e. better) than the movies and the manga in my opinion. Some episodes for the anime and some games, or parts of both are not good, but they're alright otherwise. The anime became crap from the beginning of Black/White and the games also became bad from that point.

I missed watching the orignal seasons I watched it when I was 8 and I stopped watching it during the 3rd season for some reason. I was about 10 or 11 at the time but never I lost interest on the games but I never knew they were manga about pokemon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer games over everything as they are the original Pokemon basis. Next would be anime because I grew up with it and continue to watch it. I've seen all up to a few weeks ago of English dub XY. I like the movies and manga too, but the movies I really only like the ones through Hoenn.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer season 1 and 2 of the Pokemon anime and then maybe the first movie. As for the games obviously red version. Favorite Pokemon is Oddish and I wish for a Lawn mower voucher where I can mow the grass in the game. This is kinda why I still play pokemon to this day. I believe I admitted to this long ago when I came here as well.

Edited by BigNeckLawnBoy

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking buying the season 1 of pokemon

If you do, I suggest buying the 3 sets over the newer single set, as the single set excludes "Holiday Hi-Jynx" for being "racist". That is if you're buying the North American Dvds.

do you mean the Parts 1,2,3?

Yes, the ones from 2009, though they re-released the first two "parts" in 2014 too, they're just in a slim case. The set released in 2014 that's "The Complete Collection" is missing the episode.

If you do, I suggest buying the 3 sets over the newer single set, as the single set excludes "Holiday Hi-Jynx" for being "racist". That is if you're buying the North American Dvds.

Yes, the ones from 2009, though they re-released the first two "parts" in 2014 too, they're just in a slim case. The set released in 2014 that's "The Complete Collection" is missing the episode.
could you show me pictures of season 1 covers so i would know what to buy

could you show me pictures of season 1 covers so i would know what to buy

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Indigo-League-Season-Part/dp/B000WW1YOM/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1433108275&sr=1-3&keywords=pokemon+indigo+league

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Indigo-League-Season-Part/dp/B000T28G28/ref=sr_1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1433108275&sr=1-4&keywords=pokemon+indigo+league

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Indigo-League-Season-Part/dp/B000I0QLF0/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1433108275&sr=1-6&keywords=pokemon+indigo+league

These are what I'd suggest.