Fall 2014 Anime Lineup

Tsukumo Yuma

Can you tell me the place where did you get this picture every season ?

Neregate isn't it? You can also check anichart for seasonal anime. But I'm legit so excited for FSN. On my phone now so I can't see the rest too well. I'll post back when I'm home.

You are correct Kouhai!

what is FSN?

Never mind, I know, but isn't it just a reboot of the first FSN?

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Just judging the pictures and descriptions here. A lot of times, I'll try watching things based on Tumblr hype.

SERIES:

• Magic Kaitou
  • World Trigger
  • Ai Tenchi Muyo - I used to watch the original Tenchi Muyo, so I'll have to check this out for nostalgia's sake.
  • Kiseiju
  • Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - Maaaybe. The first half of the description sounded really cute, but the second half sounds like a DiaLovers situation. >_<
  • Orenchi no Furo Jijou
  • Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete - I like anime with cool female protags. Could be interesting.

BD/OVA/SPECIALS:

• Kuroshitsuji

MOVIES:

• Some sort of SNK movie? I might check it out.
Edited by poetictragedy

Never mind, I know, but isn't it just a reboot of the first FSN?

Haha. Its a bit different. Without spoiling anything. The Fate stay night visual novel was amazing. The original anime did not do it justice IMO. That being said, the visual novel was split into three story routes. You have to pass story 1, that will let you get a different story when you do another playthrough.

The 2014 FSN is based off of the second story route available, and IMO the best story. The original was based off of the first story and IMO the worst story.

So with a revamped animation and the better story, I got high hopes~!

Speaking of Fate/Stay Night; they already had a movie of "Unlimited Blade Works" which people say was pretty darn near perfect. Basically the series is going to be another adaptation of the same material the movie was based on; but it's likely to have added scenes and such to fluff it out and possibly some changes as with any adaptation.

• Like 1

Speaking of Fate/Stay Night; they already had a movie of "Unlimited Blade Works" which people say was pretty darn near perfect. Basically the series is going to be another adaptation of the same material the movie was based on; but it's likely to have added scenes and such to fluff it out and possibly some changes as with any adaptation.

Yeah I saw the movie. It's a lot less about the story, and a lot more about the events. They kind of expected you to know the background knowledge of it, and they just skipped through to the major events. it's okay as a stand-alone movie, but if you've played the visual novel it's sooooo good!

Basically exactly what you said, Koby, is what I'm hoping the series will be! (Like the movie, but with more content)

Ah yeah, I forgot Tenchi started fall too, I watch that series, I hope it gets a anime series that's longer then 5 minutes afterwards.

I find it odd that there was more hype on the net about the Parasyte anime when it was announced in the beginning of summer, and less now that it will start in a few weeks.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviving to say Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is SOOOO good. Would recommend/10.

I was literally about to post to say this exact thing. Shigatsu is amazing, highlight of the season for me so far.

Kiseijuu is also awesome. Shingeki no Bahamut no Genesis and Madan no Ou to Vanadis are both good shows too.

Rage of Bahamut GENESIS (Shingeki no Bahamut no Genesis) has been the surprise anime of the season. Based on a card game, they decided to completely change the anime into something fantasy. You'd never know what it was based on by watching it. I think they made a good decision on this.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis has been a decent sleeper anime this season. Nothing special, but it hasn't been boring either.

World Trigger has been pretty slow starting off even though apparently they're rushing through chapters; so I'm taking that as apparently the manga had an extremely slow introduction stage. Animation quality has been abysmally low quality, but the story has been fairly interesting and both the animation quality and pacing seems to be picking up. I think this might wind up the next long running shounen to replace the likes of Bleach or Naruto.

Akame ga Kill, while technically a Summer show, it's delved into the Fall from being a 2-cour; still one of my favorite shows to watch each week and has me anticipating the next episode.

Log Horizon 2, they changed animation studios and people have been whining like babies about the production value dropping and animation quality dropping; but honestly I haven't noticed it much. This season has been pretty slow and nothing of interest has really happened besides the dungeon which they haven't even been focusing on. Hopefully the pacing picks up soon as the story just seems to be dragging at this point. Still better than Sword Art Online though.

Gundam Reconguista in G; a Gundam anime with an odd plot, retarded dialogue, a hidden meaning, and Eureka Seven styled character designs. I'm still not sure what to think of this show yet. At this point it may be the first Gundam series I end up dropping.

Agree on Bahamut no Genesis, it's really good, reminds me a bit of Cowboy Bebop, bounty hunters are cool haha. Madan No Ou is a definite sleeper, barely anybody seems to be watching it. On that note, Akatsuki no Yona is a definite sleeper, throwback to Twelve Kingdoms type show with fantasy, politics, war etc, very good show, recommend it to all.

And I have to confess, I disliked Gundam, actually only watched 1 episode.

Oh and guilty pleasure of the season is Cross Ange. Ecchi and Mobile suits and dragons. Mindless fun xD