Xenoblade Chronicles Offered on New Nintendo 3DS

StaticX

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata unveiled a remake of Xenoblade Chronicles for Nintendo's newly announced systems, New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, at the Nintendo Direct presentation on Friday. Iwata stated that Nintendo previously wanted to port the game to Nintendo 3DS, and the increased power of the New Nintendo 3DS made it possible. The game is slated for next year.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFEU4t_Pm8&

The Xenoblade Chronicles game for Nintendo Wii shipped in Japan in 2010, Europe in 2011, and North America in 2012.

Source

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-29/xenoblade-chronicles-offered-on-new-nintendo-3ds/.78171

Edited by StaticX

A handheld version of what is easily the greatest RPG of all time? The New Nintendo 3DS just became a day one purchase for me. I don't doubt this will get an overseas release, considering the popularity of the Wii version. It also speaks a lot for the power of the new 3DS - sure, it's no PS Vita, but it's a definite upscale, and it promises some equally exciting prospects for the future.

That they call it a remake, and not a port, intrigues me as well. Is this Nintendo misusing the word remake, or are they actually going to add some new content to the game?

This...is kind of stupid. They should release the 3DS 2, instead of this.

While I don't completely disagree, I do believe it's still to early for that! The 3DS is technically current gen, so it would make no sense to release a new console. It's also only 3 years old (the XL being 2), which is still new(ish).

While I don't completely disagree, I do believe it's still to early for that! The 3DS is technically current gen, so it would make no sense to release a new console. It's also only 3 years old (the XL being 2), which is still new(ish).

I'm just thinking back to the history of gaming.

Remember when Sega was a RESPECTED hardware maker?

What happened?

O, that's right, 'upgrades' to a base software that ended up alinating a HUGE part of their fan base.

Either consoles makes should bring out a NEW piece of hardware, or leave it alone until they do.

None of this 'well, this game only works with the XL-v3.1b, and you have the LX+v3.1a' crap.

I'm just thinking back to the history of gaming.

Remember when Sega was a RESPECTED hardware maker?

What happened?

O, that's right, 'upgrades' to a base software that ended up alinating a HUGE part of their fan base.

Either consoles makes should bring out a NEW piece of hardware, or leave it alone until they do.

None of this 'well, this game only works with the XL-v3.1b, and you have the LX+v3.1a' crap.

Yes, I do agree that releasing a game exclusive to the updated console is ridiculous and is horrible for those that already have the non-updated version. If that didn't happen, I'm sure this would've been a much better move. Still, for those few that still haven't got the console (like me), this is pretty good!

I really hope Nintendo uses a different name for the system. "New Nintendo 3DS"  is fucking terrible.

Meh, Apple did it once.

Except that was technically a new "console" and people still call it an iPad 3 (4 and so on).

At the time it was still officially called "The New iPad", pretty sure people will call this the 3DS2.

Oh, I think it's still official, just like the iPad 4 is the "iPad with Retina display" (which is already stupid since the new iPad/3, already had the retina display). Still, people will never call it that, just plain 3 and 4. And yes, I'm pretty sure everyone will call the new 3DS something like 3DS2, unless nintendo officially makes a 3DS2! :P

as someone who played this game to death (and is actually still not done with everything!)

there is no way in hell id want to go thru it again.

also,this exclusive games for the new 3ds is utter bullshit

I think it is cause it cannot run on the old 3DS and they cannot be bothered to make it work on them. I would like to get the game, but can't really afford another DS Console lol, they'll only bring out another one a year later....

Edited by J-Lord