One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

I suggest watching and comparing both versions, you'll see how the 4kids dub is really garbage

you have a point about that. but to start with, i can't even imagine this if i watch the 4kids dub

FUNi dub = great

4kids dub = horrible.

The voices were terrible in the 4kids version plus it was heavily censored. Sanji's cigarette was removed, blood taken out, character names such as Zoro changed to Zolo, etc..

It was just a big mess.

these reasons are far enough for me.. that's why i asked the difference between the two companies..

and, i also watched the funidub movie 8 alabasta movie, it's great.. i love the voices and also their timing is good and with emotions in the script. there's blood and did not notice any censored / removed parts from the original jap-audio / english subbed episode.

though, i was really expecting that nami and vivi inside the bath house :D

but nah, that's impossible since it's not even included in that movie.

so, i will just look forward to the funimation dubbed episodes

The 4kids dub is absolutely horrible, as Koby said they censored out Sanji's Cigarette and gave him a lollipop instead, yeah thats right a lollipop... There was zero blood in all the episodes and just about everything that we love about One Piece. The Funimation dub in my eyes is better than the subs, seeing as I downloaded the Dual Audio I watched a couple of episodes with subs and the jap voices but it just wasn't as good as the dub imo. Well the Funi dub anyways.

The 4kids dub is absolutely horrible, as Koby said they censored out Sanji's Cigarette and gave him a lollipop instead, yeah thats right a lollipop... There was zero blood in all the episodes and just about everything that we love about One Piece.

i did not expect that it will be a lollipop.. what do they think of sanji? just a boy? in most of the crew luffy has, most of them are mature and not in the ages of 17 below.. that's chopper making the most young in the crew which is less that 17 years old

maybe 4kids dub is really for children only..

thriller bark e? that's almost near the subbed episodes. so from which episodes does funimation are now? of course not the one's in dvd but the ones who are telecast in the tv? skypiea? water7?

FUNimation Dub on TV reached the actual end of Skypiea before the plug was pulled.

FUNimation Dub on DVD should reach the end of Skypiea by December 2010.

FUNimation Dub on TV reached the actual end of Skypiea before the plug was pulled.

FUNimation Dub on DVD should reach the end of Skypiea by December 2010.

wow, that's nice since skypiea arc is quite damn good especially if Funimation will not remove any scenes of blood in that time of arc.

aynway, i just got all of the current funidub 143 episodes.. gotta watch it after a 1 run of shippuuden

The dub is gonna get more epic once it covers Water Seven and Thriller Bark though.

(I have not finished reading Thriller Bark, so no spoilers please!)

that's why we have to hope for a good VA's for the key characters in that water7 arc.

Robin's Scream at Enies Lobby, Sogeking, Franky, Rob Lucci, Kaku, and especially my most hated anime villian in one piece.. SPANDAM!!

wow, that's nice since skypiea arc is quite damn good especially if Funimation will not remove any scenes of blood in that time of arc.

Anyways, I just got all of the current funi dub 143 episodes.. gonna watch it after a 1 run of shippuden

FUNimation always leaves everything in One Piece uncut and unedited, as well as uncensored.

And I'm still waiting for someone to post Episodes 144-156, sigh.

The dub is gonna get more epic once it covers Water Seven and Thriller Bark though.

(I have not finished reading Thriller Bark, so no spoilers please!)

I AGREE! I have high expectations for those arcs! I really hope they come through especially on Robin's part, I say this again I'm a little worried how Stephanie will pull that off

I just have one question though *SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR* Do you think FUNI will put the Davy Back Fight Arc at the end of Season 3 or at the beginning of Season 4, while discussing this in AP forums most were worried about the whole widescreen issue etc. what do you guys think? I think it would make sense for it to go at end of season 3 kind of like what they did with Season 2 end it with a filler then start a next season with a canon arc

I just have one question though *SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR* Do you think FUNI will put the Davy Back Fight Arc at the end of Season 3 or at the beginning of Season 4, while discussing this in AP forums most were worried about the whole widescreen issue etc. what do you guys think? I think it would make sense for it to go at end of season 3 kind of like what they did with Season 2 end it with a filler then start a next season with a canon arc

FUNimation tends to leave stuff how it was. So I figure they will leave it wherever it was in the subs.

Each canon arc does get better and better, in my opinion.

yup, absolutely right!

AP forums? you mean Arlong Park Forums?

aside to that, i really love that davy back fight even though i hate the fact that Noro Noro Beam guy does his things.