Criminal Minds

Koby

CBS recently announced that actress Jennifer Love Hewitt will be joining the cast of the long running crime drama Criminal Minds in Fall 2014.

Jennifer Love Hewitt will play the role of Kate Callahan, a former FBI agent whose outstanding undercover work landed her a job with the elite Behavior Analysis Unit (BAU).

The former Party of Five star has taken on a number of TV roles in the last few years, most recently on Lifetime's hit TV movie turned series The Client List, which was cancelled after 2 seasons in 2013. Criminal Minds will be Hewitt's second role on a CBS series, as she also starred in the TV show Ghost Whisperer for five seasons before its end in 2010.

The 10th season of Criminal Minds air at 9:00PM on October 1, and CBS says that Hewitt's new character will be introduced right off the bat in the season premiere.

I haven't really watched the show aside from occasionally catching it on TV when I'm bored; but I just can't see Hewitt playing an FBI agent. I saw this news and just had to post it. Didn't see any Criminal Minds threads to I made one.

• 4 years later...