IP.Board Version 4 Preview Released.

Koby

IP.Board has released an experimental demo board for users to check it out and such.

It's available here: http://zend.ipsdevserver.com/ips4/login/

Though apparently you have to make an account and wait for them to manually approve you to get access which they don't even email you to let you know you've been approved so you just gotta keep checking.

I haven't bothered to create an account yet, but I've been told some people have been waiting 3-4 days and still not approved, while others only took a little while. I've also been told they stopped approving users to give the dev team time to actually work on some of the reported issues.

I have however seen screenshots and such. This demo is ran on a server meant for bug testing so it runs pretty slow as every action is sending reports back on how it was handled and such.

I've also been told there is a rumor that IPB4 will be released by the end of 2014 now.

Either way, we won't be upgrading right away. We'll wait for stuff to stabilize a little and give time to the plugin developers to re-create what ever plugins we use if the features they give haven't been added by default to the core system. So we're likely looking at closer to Spring-Summer 2015 before we make the switch; which is actually quite further down the road than I was originally anticipating. IP.Board stated last year that IPB4 should have been out by Summer 2014, but obviously they didn't meet that goal.

Remember IPB4 is a complete rewrite in code; they didn't borrow/use any code from IPB3.

Anyhow, honestly I'm not even sure if I like the changes in IPB4 or not...

Is this new IP Board the reason why words end up becoming links for adds?

Like this

LeakNGm.png

No. That has to do with your own PC being infected with viruses. Go scan now.

Kametsu has no advertisements.

Ok, will do, though I am not sure how to do that, but I will find out.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

Like this

LeakNGm.png

Go and download malwarebytes and run that. Make sure your antivirus is updated, make sure you browser is updated and for the love of pizza, please install either adblock or adblock plus, both are available for Chrome and Firefox (I dont give a shit about IE - but I think adblock is available for it). I am all for ads and "the only way websites get their revenue", but only if they weren't so intrusive, an eyesore, dangerous and just annoying. Also have a look at the extensions that are installed in your browser, go and remove anything that relates to what you are seeing or anything that looks suspect to you. I.e. something by Photozoom most probably... which I believe is for Facebook? Allows you to hover over images and it will display the larger one instead. 

Sorry Koby for going way off topic, I could have PM'd I guess... 

Edit: To return back to the topic, I'm looking forward to it, and as professa stated, any news on an app improvement? They are missing so many fundamental features on the mobile app its not even funny.

Edited by Moodkiller
  • Like 1

Like this

LeakNGm.png

I would suggest using Lavasoft's Ad Aware.  I have been using it for years and its free version works great at getting viruses.

I used Mcafee, I ran a scan, it found nothing at all, which I find odd since it just started that morning for no reason, there are no odd files ether on the computer.

And back on topic, later on when you switch to this new IP Board, will topic on this site stay in tact, or will it all be erased?

I used Mcafee, I ran a scan, it found nothing at all, which I find odd since it just started that morning for no reason, there are no odd files ether on the computer.

And back on topic, later on when you switch to this new IP Board, will topic on this site stay in tact, or will it all be erased?

McAfee sucks balls.

No data will be lost with the update.

• Like 2

What about malwarebytes and adblock? 

Have you tried a different browser to determine if its a programme instead of an extension? On that note, have a look in your programs files and see if "Photozoom" is in there. 

Yeah, I tried using the mobile app theme yesterday, but got fed up and just decided to wait until I got home with a computer. Will the folders not let you script features to the mobile version? Even though it would probably be a pain in the ass to tweak that for all browsers and software even if you could (which I feel like you could). I used IPB back before phones were a big factor in anything but Facebook, MySpace, calling, and texting, so I have no idea.

• Nekone locked this topic