Either way; it was the only DBZ movie not even worth the initial watch much less a rewatch from me. -_- The entire movie was nothing more than fanservice with no real plot, no real danger, and an idiotic reason for fighting with a handed down power. The whole 5SSJ's share powers to become a god was just plain stupid.

• Like 3

The official translation is Beerus according to FUNimation. Heck even the Dragon Ball wiki changed his name to Beerus. 

Honestly movie 14 reminded me a lot of the early chapters of Dragon Ball when it was all about comedy, that's why I liked it. The other 13 DBZ movies were just terrible.

Edited by Taizenshū

For some reason quotes aren't working for me at the moment, but I agree with you Taizenshū, though that last Broly movie was ok for me, mostly because of the main characters were my two favorite DBZ characters, Goten and Trunks, the second one was ok to, but the first one was meh.

I wasn't a big fan of the villain in that one.

All three had to many unexplaind things, and in no way fit in the time line, which I did not like.

My favorite DBZ movie was Battle of the Gods, movie 13 and Bojack Unbound was good but not the best, so it is in 3rd for me.

I will mention the Turles one, only because I liked the villain, but the story wasnt that good, the way the battle was won was really just "meh".

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I guess the Coola movie was entertaining, but not really. I didn't like any of the Broli movies.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Broli is lame.

Cooler's Revenge and Return of Cooler were ok, so was the 1st Broly movie, but the other 2 Broly Movies seemed like Broly was being used for entertainment purposes e.g. I think it was Goten who accidentally pisses on broly, basically degrading him and Bio Broly being mutated and revived for scientific purposes.

The other dragon ball movies seemed like fan service to me.

The movie didn't have a complex plot, not that most of the others did, but it was still enjoyable, and fit in the timeline unlike the other movies except for the Hirudegarn one.

Bojack Unbound (Movie 9) also fit in the timeline.

For some reason quotes aren't working for me at the moment, but I agree with you Taizenshū, though that last Broly movie was ok for me, mostly because of the main characters were my two favorite DBZ characters, Goten and Trunks, the second one was ok to, but the first one was meh.

I wasn't a big fan of the villain in that one.

All three had to many unexplaind things, and in no way fit in the time line, which I did not like.

My favorite DBZ movie was Battle of the Gods, movie 13 and Bojack Unbound was good but not the best, so it is in 3rd for me.

I will mention the Turles one, only because I liked the villain, but the story wasnt that good, the way the battle was won was really just "meh".

The Bio Brolly Movie was terrible IMO they got worse. The way most of the battles were won in the movies were similar.

I guess the Coola movie was entertaining, but not really. I didn't like any of the Broli movies.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Broli is lame.

Cooler's Revenge and Return of Cooler were ok, so was the 1st Broly movie, but the other 2 Broly Movies seemed like Broly was being used for entertainment purposes e.g. I think it was Goten who accidentally pisses on broly, basically degrading him and Bio Broly being mutated and revived for scientific purposes.

It was Trunks who leaked on Broly. I agree with this, Each defeat was worse then the last.

Edited by Anon316

My favorite ones would be the original three because I use to watch on Toonami back in the day. But battle of the gods was a huge letdown for me just fluffy fanservice and one lame ass fight about bulma slapping bills in the face over some damn pudding.

Let's just hope the next hope has more fight scenes and maybe a tolerable plot not just some comedy shtick picnic with the other DBZ characters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

More news on the new DBZ movie. It looks like Frieza is in it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112

I also noticed that Krillin was bold again and Goku no longer has the blue shirt, he also has a new symbol.

I don't really understand how Frieza can be back to be honest. I always thought that the Dragon couldn't bring anyone back to life if they had been dead for more than a year. I hope there are no plot holes in this movie, i guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1