Tekken 7 Announced, Will Use Unreal Engine 4

StaticX

>http://youtu.be/XGhz1JqqnIg

Following the leak earlier today, Bandai Namco has officially announced Tekken 7 and confirmed that the game will be powered by Unreal Engine 4. Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada and the Tekken development team are working closely with the Epic Games engine group in Japan on the game. No mention was made of when the game would be available, or which platforms it will launch on.

The original story follows below.

It looks like 3D Fighting game Tekken 7 is currently in development.

The game will probably be announced officially later today at the EVO 2014 fighting game event taking place in Las Vegas this weekend, but news leaked early. First, when a Tekken 7 logo flashed on one of the projection monitors at the event, and then with a video report from IGN posted to AOL.com.

According to the video, Tekken 7 will use Unreal Engine 4. Series Executive Producer and Game Director Katsuhiro Harada is quoted as saying that “with Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, it allows us to immediately bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire.”

Tekken publisher Bandai Namco has yet to announced a release date and for what platforms Tekken 7 is being developed.

Earlier this year, Harada said he's working on multiple new projects, and that he hopes to unveil two or three of them in 2014.

"Tekken is one of my life's works," he said. "And while I can't say much here, together with the titles we were going to announce this year, I'm also working on several other titles simultaneously with Tekken. From there, I'd like to announce at least two of those titles in 2014, and I feel that it's something I must do."

Source

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekken-7-announced-will-use-unreal-engine-4-update/1100-6421088/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i hate when trailers dont show gameplay

Literally just go watch any Tekken gameplay and just imagine it's in 1080, that's exactly what you'll get.

Also, what is Unreal Engine 4?

It's the thing that handles the GWAFEX.

Here's BioShock stuff in the new engine by some fans:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTysmqulFwI

Better lighting, water effects, textures, metals and everything you would want to make a beautiful game on the newest hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...