Teen Wolf - TV Series [2011]

Koby

I could have swore we had a topic for this but I couldn't find it with searching.

HQcXSoM.jpg

Teen Wolf is an American television series developed by Jeff Davis for MTV. It is loosely based on the 1985 film of the same name. The show's central character is Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a high school student and social outcast who is bitten by a werewolf while looking for a dead girl in the woods. Scott attempts to maintain a normal life, keeping the fact of his being a werewolf secret from everyone, with the exception of his best friend "Stiles" Stilinski (Dylan O'Brien), who helps him through the changes in his life and body, and another mysterious werewolf, Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin). Teen Wolf premiered on June 5, 2011, following the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. The second season premiered on June 3, 2012 after 2012 MTV Movie Awards. On July 12, 2012, Teen Wolf was renewed for a third season, which includes 24 episodes and the production location was moved to Los Angeles, California. The third season premiered on June 3, 2013 at 10 pm, giving the series a new high on ratings. A fourth season has been confirmed, which premiered on June 23, 2014. The series has received a generally positive response from critics.

So who's watching this show? What do you think about it? Discuss each episode here after watching!

Looks like with the latest episode (season 4, episode 3) Scott has finally "bitten" someone. Do you think this guy is already some kind of supernatural entity or do you think he'll become a werewolf? Do you think he'll join Scott's pack? What's up with this mouthless dude? Is he just hunting those specific creatures or is there something more to it?

I watched the first few episodes when the series first started but stopped soon after. Is the show worth watching?

Like any show it has it's ups and it's downs. You can tell this is made by MTV with the fact they keep putting in all these actors who're suppose to be "hot teens" to try and draw in the kind of fans that watch the crap that comes on MTV these days. Even to the point of having guy on guy kissing action and stuff. But overall it's been a pretty enjoyable watch. I'm still watching it after all lol. If you like werewolves and highschool aspect doesn't overwhelm you then I'd recommend watching it.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff Davis confirmed that ‘Teen Wolf’ has been renewed for a fifth season. Unlike the current season, which only features twelve episodes, Season 5 will have twenty episodes. The twenty episodes will reportedly be split into two groups of ten.

Malia and Stiles have “a rocky road ahead” Davis teased, “when a certain secret about her parentage comes out.”

It was also revealed that Dylan Sprayberry, who plays Liam Dunbar on the supernatural drama, has been promoted to a series regular for Season 5.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I like Teen Wolf. What I found was that season 1 was ok and if you stuck around for season 2 it got so much better. Season 3 was my favorite by far. Season 4 was ok, compared to season 3. I'm curious to what season 5 will bring. What brought me to the show in the first place was the photo recaps on tv.com . They are so funny.

• 1 month later...

Teen Wolf renewed for a sixth season
Teen Wolf has been renewed for a sixth season on MTV as the news was announced at Comic-Con yesterday. 

Jeff Davis who created the show said that a sixth season of the show is in the works and that as long as people are still watching the show, they will continue to make it.

The show's fifth season is currently being shown on MTV and features Scott McCall as he starts his senior year in high school and he begins to think about what the future hold for him. The show can be seen Mondays evenings at 10pm ET on MTV.

• 8 months later...

That finale felt really rushed and they seem to have just dropped a lot of the plot lines or brushed them aside as a result, which is silly considering they could have used the time they had padded the season out with to actually have added something of value. Over all this wasn't a very good season in my opinion and my interest in the show as a whole is dropping from the last couple of poor seasons we've had.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...