Calendar installed

Koby

Seems IP.Board separated the Calendar from their software by default so users of their software have an option to include it if they want/need it. I've reinstated the Calendar.

Main reason for this is so our hook for Today's Birthdays would work and so you can see who's having a birthday each day. Seems on average we have 50+ birthdays every day this month at least. =P That's what happens though when you have a userbase of nearly 40,000 with only 365 days for birthdays to be spread among.

Anyways hope you enjoy this and maybe this can revive the "Happy Birthday" thread in Balamb Cafe.

Other news; Donation Tracker sidebar hooks have been enabled. The first one showcasing all of our goals combined and a meter of where we stand with those goes as well as way of donating without having to go to the separate donate page. The second hook showcases our top 10 donators since the mod was installed. We had tons of donations through the years; unfortunately we didn't have the mod installed back them to keep track of them otherwise the top 10 would look a whole lot different.

oh and im the biggest Beiber fan of them all

• Like 2

Are you sure its operational? Both the calendar links at the top of the page as well as searching for new content by Calendar don't work for me.

What does it show/say/do?

Does the hook in the sidebar of the forums index show up for the birthdays?

biggest beiber fan ever

All it says is You don't Have permission for that

Does it only work for certain users?

I bet the calendar has specific group settings; which I didn't think about.

So I need to allow the other usegroups to see it. I'll do that when I get around to it.

Funny the link shows up though if you can't view it, haha.

What about the hook: Can you see this on home page of forum?

10f43ef2eb.png

Nope

I only see the donating thing. I don't see that lol

How about now? Just finished adding the permissions.

Wonderful, everything shows up now. It might also be nice if people could schedule events on the calendar, like when Kametsu's new releases are expected to be posted and such, or to schedule events for games.

• Like 1

Nope

Wonderful, everything shows up now. It might also be nice if people could schedule events on the calendar, like when Kametsu's new releases are expected to be posted and such, or to schedule events for games.

Yup its all there, except there seems to be a slight bug with displaying users profile pictures:

419a209117.png

And I would like to second that feature of lemmingllama's, that would be a real befit to have... you could always add it to just the Donator's group to encourage people to donate?? I.e Only donors could get email notifications for upcoming releases and games. Uploaders could also add events as to when they plan to do a series and release it on Kametsu.

On a side note, the last little bit of constructive criticism I have is for the Top Donors section, just with the alignment. Perhaps some more padding to separate the list a little bit? For E.g.

Modified:                                                                                   Original:

d2f0fc95ac.pngvs 1812a78286.png

Nope

Yup its all there, except there seems to be a slight bug with displaying users profile pictures:

419a209117.png

And I would like to second that feature of lemmingllama's, that would be a real befit to have... you could always add it to just the Donator's group to encourage people to donate?? I.e Only donors could get email notifications for upcoming releases and games. Uploaders could also add events as to when they plan to do a series and release it on Kametsu.

On a side note, the last little bit of constructive criticism I have is for the Top Donors section, just with the alignment. Perhaps some more padding to separate the list a little bit? For E.g.

Modified:                                                                                   Original:

No bug; just a user who has a broken avatar. Needs to be reuploaded or reverted back to "no avatar".

As for the hook; doing that could cause problems with bigger names. One solution might be to have each one on it's own line; otherwise as it is, it allows for multiple names on the same line as long as they fit.

I suppose I could enable users to add events though.

Nope

419a209117.png

No bug; just a user who has a broken avatar. Needs to be reuploaded or reverted back to "no avatar".

As for the hook; doing that could cause problems with bigger names. One solution might be to have each one on it's own line; otherwise as it is, it allows for multiple names on the same line as long as they fit.

I suppose I could enable users to add events though.

Ah ok, fair enough then. 

Hmm yeah I found that when editing it to make that "Modified" picture for you, perhaps but each one on its own line and then do the Top 5 Donors instead of 10??

That sounds awesome (: I hope you are able to get around to that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty cool but uh how many people use there real birthdate. Birth dates are just as sensitive information as any

Lol doesnt matter, they will still get wished (should do) just not on the actually date of their real birthday if the info is wrong... and why do you say birthdays are  "just as sensitive information as any"?? The most they tell me is how old someone is... Not exactly your bank account's password... or is it?  :mellow:

Dude, almost everyone uses their birth date for passwords and junk.

At least 90% of the people I know do this, that's why I'm able to bypass their security so easily.

Lol, no offence to the people that you know... but they are not that smart then -_-

To use something like that that is so very easy to find out nowadays is just asking for it. 

• Nekone locked this topic