Donations & Perks

Koby

Don't forget to donate and support the site if you're able. We need money to pay server bills to host the site, forums, and xdcc bots on. We also need money for future upgrades, updates, and skin changes. Then there is also domain renewals whenever they happen, etc.. All in all, we need money.

We use to do fine on donations, then C-W members joined, and despite a much larger member-base; donations have actually dropped.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/donate/

Anyhow, some perks of donating:

• Added to Donator group on forum; this gives you a colored name and donator tag (future uses could include access to secret premium boards if we ever re-add them).
  • Given voice (+) status in IRC channel (doesn't do much atm but move you up the userlist; future uses could include bots that only allow voice or higher users to download from, etc.).
  • Direct Download access to Kametsu's servers (this means anything I host on my own XDCC bots can also be downloaded directly through your internet browser for those who dislike IRC).

For the last point, you'll need to PM me after donating to get the link and an account for it created for you. As for voice in IRC, you'll need to either contact me or let one of the OP's in the channel know you've donated and want voice status. The forum will automatically place you in the Donator group of the forum.

If you have any ideas for more perks, or have a question feel free to ask here.

---

As a self-promotion; Don't Forget to vote for Best Spring 2014 Anime Series!

• Like 2

Is paypal still an option? I see it on the donate page but remember there were probs?

Yes.

Skrill is also an option and while less likely to give problems in the future; the Donation system doesn't appear to recognize donations through it and so we have to manually give people the Donator tag in that case. The issue lies with needing a gateway key from Skrill for the mod, but to get a key our account with Skrill has to be listed as a business account which requires documentation we can't provide.

I'm always interested in hearing of new donation alternatives.

If I donate, will my member title change or stay the same?

I forgot what I set it to do for certain groups above the regular member group.

I believe it'll likely set the Donator group as a secondary group for all staff, meaning they'd keep their staff group.

As for Uploaders it's likely the same ordeal. I'd have to take a look at the settings to reconfirm though.

• 4 weeks later...

I've changed the donation system. Instead of a drop down box to select how much you want to donate, you can now fully input your own amount down to the specific cent you wish to donate. Minimum donation is still $5 though because anything less just ends up swallowed by fees from Paypal/Skrill.

If you try to donate less than $5 you'll get this error:

7898dbc4c1.png

As for whether the Donator tag is permanent or not, this depends on amount donated now. Anything under $10 gives you the tag for a month (and gets extended if you donate less than $10 again before it expires). Anything over $10 in a single donation gives you the tag permanently according to current settings. These can be subject to change down the road however.

Also, staff etc, will be placed in the Donator group as a secondary group. Other users will have the Donator group placed as their primary user group. So even regular uploaders would retain their uploader group tag and username color over the donator tag.

As for whether the Donator tag is permanent or not, this depends on amount donated now. Anything under $10 gives you the tag for a month (and gets extended if you donate less than $10 again before it expires). Anything over $10 in a single donation gives you the tag permanently according to current settings. These can be subject to change down the road however.

That is reasonable!! What happens to the members that are already in the donation group before this came into effect? Are they part of the permanent group?

That is reasonable!! What happens to the members that are already in the donation group before this came into effect? Are they part of the permanent group?

Most of them are, but I've been slowly working on changing part of this.

• Nekone locked this topic