[Xbox One] Killer Instinct - Season 2 Launch Trailer (New Fighters Teaser)

J-Lord

• 2 weeks later...

Maya Reveal Trailer (Plus new original character joining the fight):

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sA_40sEYA

New Trailer showing off the second character to be announced for season 2 (Not including cinder which is only teased at this time.) Plus like every other KI character show off trailer a little something extra at the end. Enjoy.

Really like the new trailer, feels very old school Killer Instinct. Digging the stage and music, not so much her outfit. She'll add much variety to the roster but don't htink I'll really play her.

Not sure how I feel about the design of the new original character, take out the KI logo at the end and you could probably get people to think that was a MK character. Can't wait to see gameplay for him.

Really like the new trailer, feels very old school Killer Instinct. Digging the stage and music, not so much her outfit. She'll add much variety to the roster but don't htink I'll really play her.

Not sure how I feel about the design of the new original character, take out the KI logo at the end and you could probably get people to think that was a MK character. Can't wait to see gameplay for him.

She is a High Risk, High reward type character so she has a big down side to her if not played right. Not sure if I will play her either those VSing her as a CPU will be interesting.

Indeed the 'Mummy' as some call him but apparently isn't doesn't seem of the KI universe, who knows we will see when they reveal more on him like in 2 months lol.

Also for those who don't know Season 2 Pre-Updates are now active. So pretty much KI is pretty much a different game now with all these changes. See page one in the updates section for the complete list.

How are you liking the season two changes? I haven't really played it much, only tried a few rounds with TJ.

It is not just TJ that is making season 2 different so far. Since they added Juggeling combo breakers and changed the season cast one in small ways it has completely changed the way I fight with certain characters. Take Jago and Fulgore for example. Jago is majority the same but has had his shadow wind kick shortened which makes you go about things differently and his Instinct is no longer healing as his moves forward, to heal he must hit with his endokuken which have doubled in his instinct like they did with the Shadow Jago boss normally. Which makes you have to go about a whole different style of attack with Jago.

Fulgore now that he doesn't have to manually charge to get his shadow meter up is now more aggressive focused where the player is rewarded for keeping on top of there opponent and not trying to get them down so you can charge up. This is a great change. Also the juggling combo breakers, I use to juggle a lot with Jago, now I can do it as well anymore as when juggeling there is like a delay in between each hit making my forma juggling timing out of whack. But makes for a more interesting game as there may be more possibilities with juggling that I did not have before.

As for TJ have only played him a couple of times and find him hard to use or play right I should say but that comes with practice.

• 3 weeks later...

8 fighters for 40USD?

Jesus.

I hope MK doesn't pull this crap.

KI wasn't a Disc Release when it first arrived on the Xbox so I wouldn't think MK would follow suit with KI. But in saying that I also thing with most things going digital nowadays what Ki are doing could well be the future of gaming.

So prep yourselves I doubt this is the last you will see games taking this approach in the market place.

8 fighters for 40USD?

Jesus.

I hope MK doesn't pull this crap.

KI wasn't a Disc Release when it first arrived on the Xbox so I wouldn't think MK would follow suit with KI. But in saying that I also thing with most things going digital nowadays what Ki are doing could well be the future of gaming.

So prep yourselves I doubt this is the last you will see games taking this approach in the market place.

It's less the digital and more the fucked up pricing.

And, as long as fools allow themselves to be taken advanage of, I guess it will be 'the future'.

Go on you whales, ruin my hobby.

And, as long as fools allow themselves to be taken advanage of, I guess it will be 'the future'.

Go on you whales, ruin my hobby.

Yeah, fuck games that allow for future support and longer longetivity past the intial release date and release window.

Should be more like MK. Have DLC costumes spreaad out all over the place which if you can't find the thing tied to a specific costume you could always shell out shit tons of money for it on eBay or wait a year or so before they release a new version with everything on it but the dev support and communtiy will have died for it well before that anyway.

In other news, Glacius does a JoJo pose when he does the stage finisher.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more information on the next character that will be added into season 2. the one teased in Maya's Trailer.

In this week’s Textual Stream, Microsoft’s creative director Adam Isgreen continued to tease the newest upcoming addition to the Killer Instinct roster without being nice enough to just give us a full reveal already. According to Isgreen, the character was focus tested in both Orlando and Chicago at some point last week with largely positive reactions from those that played with him.

So what exactly do we know about the mystery character so far? Well, we are given a brief summary of his fighting style, that he has been classified by the developers as a “trap grappler,” and that he is most certainly not a mummy (complete with their in no way suspicious #notamummy hashtag). According to the latest update:

“He’s a zoner… with a ranged grapple… and great (situational) mobility… and traps… oh, and curses too. Internally we call him a “trap grappler”, but I don’t even know if that’s the best way to describe him. When can you see for yourself? In his trailer and release in November.”

Beyond that, Isgreen is being very tight-lipped about any further information on Mr. Notamummy. He refuses to even mention a name, stating that sort of information will all be covered in an upcoming trailer. We do get a bitty peak at the guy’s leg and, while I am no expert on mummies, it certainly looks like a mummy leg to me. This might be the ultimate mummy cover-up we are witnessing right now.

• 1 month later...