Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014

Emrys

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Poster.jpg

In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan....

In order to evade Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a group of misfits including Gamora, Rocket, Drax the Destroyer, and Groot. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy's fate in the balance.

IMDB - Ratings: 8.7/10 from 120,172 users

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3isCLVghoI

Edited by Philip Brainard

I enjoyed watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, & now look forward to GotG in the next chapter of Phase 2 before Avengers: Age of Ultron. While I read only a few comics about the Guardians of the Galaxy, I had a general idea of who they are before the movie was announced. That, & their cameo in Earth's Mightiest Heroes helped too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Kinda sad this topic is so dead, I really thought more people would be talking about it.

Anyhow, besides the new Spiderman (I haven't seen the 2nd one yet) I haven't really seen much of Marvels stuff or been that interested in it, but the trailer to GotG really sold me on this movie, plus I thought Groot was the coolest looking thing ever haha.

I think one reason I liked this movie so well is because I went into blindly, so I wasn't hesitant or worried about all the things that might be screwed up with it. (and I still don't know what/if anything was)

The opening threw me for a loop, I should have expected it to be sad, damn thing almost made me cry.

But after that when "Come and Get Your Love" started playing and Peter was dancing around I knew I was gonna love this movie, it had the feel of the opening CG scene to your favorite video game, that you know you'll remember it forever. 

I really did love everything about this movie, the humor, the action, the characters. So now I've started up on reading the comics so I can learn some more about the GotG universe.

Anyway, If you haven't seen this yet, you totally should! 

Well a lot of people, myself included, don't see a movie till it's out on iTunes/Blu-ray. As that's the case with myself, I haven't seen the movie to be able to talk about it much. I also have never read the comics so I'm going into it completely blind as well. I know nothing of the Universe/Galaxy/whatever.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...