Doctor Who

Lantern89

Parts of five different scripts from the new series of Doctor Who have been leaked online, before the episodes are due to be broadcast in August in the United Kingdom.

BBC Worldwide has announced that they are investigating a security issue regarding Doctor Who Series Eight where unfinished scripts have inadvertently been made public on the internet.

The statement has asked fans of the show to please not distribute the spoiler material.

The new series is due to start on BBC One on 23 August.

• 2 weeks later...

After the success of simulcasting the 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary special last year, UK cinema chains will also be simulcasting the feature-length Series 8 opening episode of 'Doctor Who' when the show returns on August 23rd. The episode titled 'Deep Breath' will feature Peter Capaldi's first full appearance as the Doctor.

A trailer for the episode recently debuted;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently the first three episodes of season 8 have been leaked from a pre-air dvd screener. Supposedly the pre-air screener features a lack of finished special effects and a lot of which is missing; but for those who can't wait you'll still get the full story of the episode and such.

Personally I'm just going to wait for the TV airing. I don't see the reason in watching an unfinished product.

Season 8 premiers this coming Saturday; August 23, 2014 at 7.50pm on BBC One in the UK, it airs at 8pm on BBC America in the USA, 8pm on SPACE in Canada and on August 24, 2014 at 7.40pm on ABC in Australia.

• 1 year later...

I hope the fact that The Doctor mentioned Jack Harkness by name in Season 9 Episode 6 means that he'll actually make a reappearance in the show. He was one of my favorite characters in the franchise and why I'd LOVE to see a new Torchwood season. Maybe this could also mean that Torchwood could possibly finally be returning? IDK, but one can hope it means more than just a quick mention that returns nothing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been a Dr Who fan for years, but I'm not happy how suddenly Time lords are regenerating and getting a sex change

at the same time. Total new age BS.

Oh been happy with most the actors in the show too, but that Kathrine Tate was one I hated. I could not stand her.

Best Dr So far was David Tennant and best companion so far was Jenna Coleman.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

t8vjpk.jpg

Fans will have to wait until episode 2 of Series 11 to see Doctor Who’s new intro sequence and theme in all their glory.

New showrunner Chris Chibnall has revealed that episode 1, “The Women Who Fell to Earth” will do things “slightly differently” to the norm.

A new Doctor! A new Show Runner! New Companions! And a new night! The series moves from it's traditional Saturday night spot to Sundays starting October 7th.

10 (50 minute) episodes + A Christmas Special

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Tanis said:

Season ended...still kind of odd they went for a more episodic approach.

Still, can't deny it was an (overall) fun ride.

Season was terrible imo.

The writing was bad, Whittaker was terrible, Chibnall is a hack, the season spent so much time hitting the viewers over the head about sjw propaganda that it forgot it was suppose to be entertaining...

It's no wonder the season has by far the lowest rating and the lowest viewership numbers since the 2005 reboot. They've now announced that they're taking another year off to try to figure out what went wrong.

RT gave it a 35% rating last I checked. Some of the critics on RT that gave "recommended" reviews are flat out dumb though.

image0.png

“It was dull, the characters were bland. But she’s a woman so it gets my thumbs up”

All this praise is based solely on what’s in Whittaker’s pants. Literally that is the only thing people gave positives for, was that Whittaker was the first female doctor. As if that somehow makes up for the shitty season.

I'm done with Doctor Who. Dropped the show and won't look back at it until both Whittaker and Chibnall are gone.