Doctor Who

Lantern89

David Tenant is my favorite Doctor. =p

I'm only on the 9th episode of Season 2 but I gotta admit that the series used to be so-so to me till David Tennant arrived. I mean, the guy before him was good and all but he really didn't have that bad-ass intimidating sort of aura and presence that Tennant showed in his very first episode - The Christmas Invasion.

I mean, he practically stole the show in the last 20 minutes and some of the story arcs he's been involved in have been far more emotional and deep than Season 1. He just keeps getting more and more appealing in each episode so yeah, it's gonna be real hard to trump his performance but I'll wait till Matt Smith arrives and see for myself when that happens.

I have to agree that David Tennant has been the best doctor so far in the new one, I was disappointed when they changed it to the new doctor who I really don't like.

Although I love all three of them, Matt Smith is my favorite. This appears to be an unpopular opinion, but I love how Eleven is so goofy all the time, but he has that quiet anger. I dunno, there's just something that really draws me to him.

I agree with Poe. Matt Smith is an amazing doctor. He's quirky and kinda funny, but he definitely has that edge that Dave Tennant had. The best series from this 'new' era was the first Tennant one though. Him and Rose were just epic. Apart from that series, I think Matt Smith's run has been slightly better. I think Christopher Ecclestone is pretty underrated, some of his interaction with characters like Captain Jack was just great.

• 2 weeks later...

Love Doctor Who. Matt Smith and David Tennant are both amazing as The Doctor. My favourite episodes would be Time of the Angels (I think the Weeping Angels are one of the scariest things I've ever seen) and the Silence in the Library episodes.

Have to agree those angels are really creepy and your fav episodes are the scariest ones in the series lol,...We'll just ignore the fact I love those ones too...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so disappointed in the new season. 1-Only five episodes at a time? That's pretty lame. 2-They're not even good episodes. There was just some bizarre writing.

I tried to remain as spoiler-free as possible, but I guess I'll put it under a spoiler tag anyway; just a heads-up.

In Asylum of the Daleks, how did Skaro come back? Wasn't the whole planet locked in the Time War?

I absolutely hated Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. I just could not get interested in it; probably because the viewers didn't know what was going on for like half the episode. I still can't figure out why Nefertiti and the hunter were there. Also, I completely lost it when they made a balls joke; I thought that was really below the supposed "intelligence" of the show.

A Town Called Mercy and The Power of Three were alright, I guess.

The Angels take Manhattan was probably my favorite episode of the season so far, but that doesn't really say much for it. I don't like River Song at all, so that detracted a lot from the episode for me. Also, the ending was something I've seen coming for a long time, so the shock factor wasn't very effective and it wasn't the emotional train wreck it was supposed to be; for me, at least.

I do not like the direction this show has taken in the last two seasons. I'll continue to watch it, but it's depressing to see a show you love run into the ground. The same thing is happening to Supernatural right now. All of my shows are tanking. D:

Edited by poetictragedy

• 2 months later...

We're getting closer to Christmas, and that also means a new Doctor Who special!

"The 2012 special, titled 'The Snowmen,' includes Jenna-Louise Coleman's official debut as Clara, the Doctor's new companion," says The Huffington Post. The new special "airs December 25, 9 p.m. EST on BBC America."

See the full article here.

To put some fears to rest, the Doctor Who TV series has been signed for at least another six seasons including the current one. Also, this will be the last season for Matt Smith as they are sticking to their pattern of two to three seasons per doctor since the inception of the new series. I do agree that the weeping angels are one of the most terrifying forces in the universe. And I love that they have featured them so prominently since Matt Stone has taken on the mantle of The Doctor.

By the way. Skaro was shown before that episode briefly and he was set free because of the meddling of The Master before he was defeated. It may seem that there are plot holes in this new season so far, but if you have really been paying attention, their existence is just an illusory mind trick. Everything does make perfect sense based on spatial-time causality.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the Christmas special, The Snowmen. It was definitely better than last year's special. Though still not as good as A Christmas Carol, which remains my favorite. :3

To put some fears to rest, the Doctor Who TV series has been signed for at least another six seasons including the current one. Also, this will be the last season for Matt Smith as they are sticking to their pattern of two to three seasons per doctor since the inception of the new series.

Do you have remember where you read this, by chance?

• 1 month later...

I have to agree on Torchwood, it fails to capture me as much as Doctor Who. I've been a major fan of anything sci fi since i was little watching star trek with my uncle and to be honest Torchwood was just lacking to me.

As for Mat hes turning out to be a shew in as one of my fav Docs so far.

And im enjoying the twists about River.