What Was Your Favorite and/or Least Favorite Subject in School?

Arian

i didnt LIKE any classes but i did prefer some.

lets see,early HS i liked going to english because i sat near/chatted with meh crush xD

i HATED p.e omg sooo many idiots just ugh...

not to mention i couldnt open the lock so i had a friend open it for me...everytime.... hehe

still early hs,i liked the bone err human anatoomy?forced class,but there was this really hot chik there

shed wear the tightest pants and would always sit spread eagle O.o"

....wish my dumb ass took a pic xD

middle hs was more a pain in the ass than anything.

ending year of hs was great tho

missed like half the year to make up credits at sum special school

...went to school like twice a week 3 hours each..ha HA

went back to normal hs BUT!

i only needed like 2 classes so i went in REALLY late hehe was sooo good xD

i also enjoyed my last year greatly because i was top in the classes i was in so i could game during lessons O.o"

i felt like a god or something,never knew why i was "allowed" to ignore talking teacher and play NDS

my ultimate favorite class was last period english,senior year.

it was moar of a hang out than a class

(again,i joined late so i missed the "hard " tests that dropped everyone to d's or so haha)

i recall we'd watch jerry springer in there... O.o

• Like 1

Well, lets see, for me a lot depended as much on the quality and style of the teacher as it did the subject matter itself, take what I would generally say was my favourite overall through the years, history.  Whenever I got a teacher that treated it only as knowing names of people and dates of events and nothing else I found it a tedious bore, but when I got a teacher who provided the context for these people and events and showed how they connected together and how they illustrated so much about the human condition then I loved the class beyond all others.

Same with the class I tended to hate the most overall too, although in that case it was also because I tended to be already well ahead of my classmates and had a hard time paying attention while waiting for everyone else to catch up/on to what I had already gotten, and that was English.  Which was a compulsory class so I could never get away from it.  I especially hated the time spent on Shakespeare (My mother had a serious drinking problem when I was growing up and the rages that came from it were pretty bad, and she was also a bit of a man-hater thanks to some issues with her father, and being the elder child only son I got the brunt of it, and her favourite thing to do was extensively and rather violently/passionately quote Shakespeare both sober and drunk at me, which seriously poisoned that well for me).  Of course my English teachers knew none of this and could not understand how someone so "gifted" as I was in the skills and aptitudes for English could have such a hate on for Shakespeare which set up some rather nasty disputes between us over the years.  This was especially severe back in grade 10 when half the year was spent on nothing but Shakespeare, and by the halfway mark the teacher refused to talk to me outside of class because of how pissed she was at me for wasting my talents as she saw it.  Of course back then one did not talk about such problems at home in public, it was a very different world than it is these days when it came to this sort of thing.

Math was one of those hit or miss on topics, things like algebra I took to like a duck to water, but for some reason I had real problems wrapping my head around things like trig (I've always suspected it was because that was something of a visual concept, I have always had a hard time when it comes to things that require visualization, my brain isn't wired that way at all well, but that is another long and very difficult conversation best suited to another time and place).

Science classes were always fun, at least until late high school for me, chemistry I hard a hard time keeping my chemical/molecular formulas straight without a reference source (keep in mind I did high school in the early to mid 80s, well before easy electronic aids were around, it was books and only books and your memory), and physics got to be a bit of a slog as well.  I just could not wrap my head around this notion of the universe as a perfect ordered machine as was being taught in classic physics, but then we got into quantum physics and there it flipped for me from a struggle to keep up in the class to leaving everyone behind, the thing that tended to trip everyone up when they first encountered it in physics was for me something that made perfect sense and fit how I had always understood the universe to be, namely the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.  Once probability was considered a part of the reality equation physics made far more sense to me than it had before  So on balance I'd say they were washes.

Politics/law classes were for me bird courses, I ended up coming into both of them with a better education than most everyone did when they finished the course, but I did have a couple of really vibrant teachers for them so they were also favs, especially the law one, she was one of the finest teachers I ever had anywhere, both i terms of her ability and in terms of her nature/personality, which in turn made her appear extremely hot as well (and not just to me she was seen as one of the teachers most everyone wanted to get together with, even some of the girls would say so, and given that back then anything that smacked of gayness in either gender tended to be very unacceptable spoke volumes).  Alas though my last year with politics was taught by someone who really know his material but was unable to speak in anything other than a monotone manner of speaking.  If anyone has every heard of the former politico of the Nixon years turned to actor Ben Stein, imagine having that voice as the teacher but with less ability to inflect than even his.  If it helps, Ben Stein was the teacher in the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off who is best known for calling out Bueller's name in roll call.  That made this class in the end one of the most unpleasant ones for me in all my school years despite my actual love of the material itself.

Typing class was easy (which is also why writing out my comments is not much of a chore for me.. . unlike the actual reading of them seems to be for so many these days.

So that would by my loves and hates from my school days, or at least the ones that still stick with me now that it is a quarter century since I escaped them.

• 1 month later...