Are books better than movies, or vice-versa

Kyukitsune7

The Jaws book was shit, it was SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT, but the movie was pretty good.

Of course the movie is better when the source material sucks. Although I haven't read the jaws book so I cant say for sure.

I did, because I loved the movie.

But the book, Gaia wept, was so horrible.

I enjoy the movies.  And I feel it is about even in most cases, as some things in the book can't be transferred over because of difficulty or time constraints, however when you get to see what's going on, especially in action or fight scenes, that is where movies really shine for me.  (or things like descriptions of strange creatures, I usually don't get however when someone cgs it into a movie...).

I like to also watch the movie then read the book.  (if the story is good enough)  Because then it becomes much easier to envision what they are talking about and I pick up some new info (such as a character's feelings or inner thoughts, or even scenes that didn't get to the movie) to enhance the story further.

That said the only Harry Potter movie that was a disappointment to the book I'd have to say was 1/2 Blood Prince.

I'm with most people here. I think in general books are better (even amazing movies based off books). Read the princess bride and you'll see what I'm talking about or a Civil Action and you'll figure out why they even made it into a movie.

I will say that novelizations of original movies are usually only "eh" for me though.

• 2 weeks later...

books are crap,require too much attention.

you cant do anything else whilst reading.

movies are also crap,but atleast you can do other things while one is playing in the background.

out of the two,i find books to come off as....awkward.since im just like uhh...im just reading words sum dude put on a page >.>

kinda like reading fan fiction except its glorified.

atleast with movies u get to see things u otherwise likely wouldnt,with special effects getting pretty good nowadays/

Edited by HeavenlyClassic

Movies now adays when they adapt a story from a book, they foucous to much on special effects and flash, and remove some stuff that was in the book, which would be interesting to see in movie form.

But I like to read more than I do watch stuff, and some people who go see movies would not bother with reading the book.

There are a lot of people like that were I live.

just going to say this

ive been made to read several books

and the only one that i ever liked enough to actually list it in my books read section on profiles

is uhh...of men and mice?something like that

basically its about a retard and his friend/or brother...and the story is just so heartwarming/sad

it was time well spent

Edited by HeavenlyClassic