Good Visual Novels?

DOA_Kasumi24

• 3 weeks later...

There is more info I would prefer to get before giving a suggestion, but I would recommend checking out vndb (visual novel database) and with their category (or was it advanced?) search you can put in things you would be interested in seeing in a story and hope one matches up (I would recommend starting with 3 categories filters and slowly add on from there.  Most are rated.  (or at least most ones with an actual story line).

And by the way,  the category filters allow you to add negative filters for things you DON'T want to see. (generally safer to use more of these than to use more of the include categories)

Then if you find one, or a certain category that interests you you can ask further about that.

Try either Umineko no Naku Koro Ni or Fate/Stay Night. Both are excellent and are long enough to keep you entertained for a while, plus the whole dating thing isn't a huge part of them.

If you do decide to pick up Umineko, make sure you get the version with the PS3 renders. The character designs for the original are pretty bad.