Why can't I see a darn picture in the first post (lol broken?)...

Are you using Google Chrome? Because ba11ard had the same problem, but he switched to Firefox and it worked fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the links are broken, because the album in my profile is gone, and that's where I copied the links from.

And thanks, Sensui and Oblivia. ^_^

• 1 year later...
I really like your style, Poe. It is unfortunate that I can't see your earlier work to see how you've grown as an artist, but these are all lovely.

Alas, I lost most of my really early works. I think there are a few oldies still floating around. These are the oldest ones I have, I think, and they're roughly ordered oldest to newest.

iX4g0.jpg

ug97a.jpg

ldtTF.jpg

0u2Lc.jpg

NI7gd.jpg

yoUOy.jpg

yTpci.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I don't remember any episodes where Haruhi dual wielded pistols haha

Anyway I love what you did with the background and there's just enough of pop-out involved with a slight shadow. The text seems fine to me because if it were more obvious I think it would draw too much attention away from the focal point. It also has kind of an action/spy movie feel to it, which works.

I am kind of sad to see the Outlaw Star avatar go, but that is definitely a good replacement for sure. I think It might be time to update my own, it's starting to look dated haha

I've instantly forgotten what your other avatar looks like, but your new one is so pretty! I think it really suits you.

As for the font, it does have that kind of spy movie feel to it, like getting messages from HQ telling you your mission is to kidnap the president's daughter or something. I think it would be a bit out of place if it were more elaborate.

The text seems fine to me because if it were more obvious I think it would draw too much attention away from the focal point. It also has kind of an action/spy movie feel to it, which works.

As for the font, it does have that kind of spy movie feel to it, like getting messages from HQ telling you your mission is to kidnap the president's daughter or something. I think it would be a bit out of place if it were more elaborate.

Ooh, I never thought of it like that! I tend to keep text simple because I feel it shouldn't take focus away from the render. Though I do like fancy fonts sometimes, haha.

• 1 month later...