Battlefield vs. Call Of Duty

LimitLess

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently just got battlefield 3 on the ps3. First battlefield game BTW. I used to only play cod on the Xbox but I'm really enjoying battlefield. The previous cods were good but now they just bore the hell out of me. Back on CoD4 late 2007 early 2008 I played non stop. It was so fun playing with my friends at the time. We always ran in a party of 6. People seeing 10th prestiges then were always scared to play them (us). Sadly I don't talk to them any more as they don't get on except for one. Ive known him for 6 years now. We stopped playing CoD last year. Waiting for something new and good to come out. Not TitanFall. Doesn't interest me one bit.

Sorta went off topic but I felt I had to add all that in there.

I've tried out COD: Ghosts and I find it to be allright. It's more....limited than Battlefield and there's a greater emphasis on teamwork, which is something you see less in Battlefield. I attribute this to Battlefield's immersive ness. By this I mean there's just so much more you can do in Battlefield multiplayer in contrast to COD. Tanks, choppers, jets, all that good stuff. One can get carried away. And while I'm partial to the Battlefield series because of this, I think COD is just as good, although I'm only playing Battlefield 3 right now. I bought Battlefield 4 + Premium for $100. With the broken mess it is right now, I'm starting to regret that purchase.

By carried away, I mean that a person on a jet, chopper, tank, etc. can get so immersed in killing infantry that they forget about the objectives. While this works in favor of the team infantry, it doesn't work all the time. Being on a jet killing people on the ground is meaningless when all the flags are captured and we are losing tickets fast. In smaller, more confined places like Metro, if people focus on one place only, like the sidestairs without defending the other places, the enemy passes through easily and takes the last objective. The same goes when said enemy is too focused on one place and the others are empty but no one goes through them because they are so focused on supressing the enemy. There's just not enough coordination in some of these rounds. I said some, not all, because I've played some rounds where the teamwork was absurdly great.

Edited by Seraph

I'll just be totally honest and say that I really like fps games that let you do a running slide, farcry 2+3 and kz3 with it's atrocious everything besides the actual shooting(fuk Rico and fuk dat last level) Ghosts added it in so I'm biased towards cod for now until battlefield adds sliding and character customization(let me wear mah manly fingerless gloves dammit) hell even femaie avatars to the multiplayer.

I play and... like both in different ways.

Played A LOT of Black Ops 2. Many of my friends play it, so it was fun mobbin' around with them. BO2 has the Zombies mode, which is fun. I have yet to play Ghosts, been waiting on that one.

I own BF4. The graphics are gorgeous. It's more engaging for the player... More strategic. The maps are HUGE. Vehicles are awesome. I play BF4 when i wanna waste a good chunk of time and play a more well-rounded shooter.

If i wanna just run n' gun (which is quite often) than i'll play CoD.

Idk, just depends on what kinda mood i'm in. Overall, to me, BF4 is the more advanced and appealing game.

• 4 weeks later...

I mainly just enjoyed the WWII COD games and that was it. So for me it's Battlefield. I've played BF4, but don't have it, just borrowed it. It's fun I guess, but for me I prefer BF3. I'm addicted to it! Almost 500 hours played now, I think I have like 4 or 6 left? LOL. Plus I play it SO much I'm almost a LVL 100 Colonel. I'm at 77 right now. Hoping to get it within the month. Since I can rank 1 or 2 lvls a day. 

Anyway, I love BF series to death, especially BF3 ^.^ 

• 2 weeks later...