Sleepy Hollow (TV Series)

Emrys

shshssh.jpg

Info: Ichabod Crane is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.

IMDB - Ratings: 7.5/10 from 47,176 users

Stars: Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Orlando Jones

More Information:

In 1781, Ichabod Crane, a soldier in the Colonial Army, on a mission for General George Washington, and caught up in a battle, beheads the

Hessian soldier, the Headless Horseman, as the Horseman kills him. Now, in modern day Sleepy Hollow, New York, Ichabod rises from his grave, after the Headless Horseman (revealed to be Death, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, although the signs more appropriately point to Conquest, the First horseman of the Apocalypse, who rides a white horse while holding a bow) is summoned back from his watery grave by an unknown party. The resurrection of the one causes the resurrection of the other due to the intertwining of their fates as a result of their blood mixing shortly after Crane decapitated the Headless Horseman on the field of battle.

Lt. Abbie Mills begins investigating the Headless Horseman after he beheads Sheriff August Corbin, Mills' mentor and partner. Mills' investigation reveals the presence of two occult groups – one for good, the other evil – in Sleepy Hollow, both of which are concerned with the Four Horsemen and the associated apocalypse. The killing spree the Horseman embarks on causes Crane and Mills to team up.

As Crane's worldview is from 18th century Colonial America, some friction can be expected between him and Abbie, and also between him and the people he must now work with. This is often a source of comedy for the show, but also forces him to look at things differently and thus become a strength.

Edited by Emrys

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Changing from serial to procedural actually has me wanting to drop this show. I prefer shows to be more serial and despite them claiming last season was too serial; I felt it was already becoming too procedural. There were too many episodes that had no impact on anything outside of the episode, too many little plots and not enough bigger picture. It was pretty much like they ran out of story and didn't know where to go with this. I honestly don't see me watching season 3 all the way through. Between season 2 being a borefest and season 3 claiming to be even more of what made season 2 so boring...

• Like 2

S03E01 actually turned out a lot better than most of S02 surprisingly. It still seems like there will be a seasonal overarching plot so that's good. It's also good that Katrina and Henry are gone (I really hope they don't find a way to bring them back). The time skip allowed them to jump past Ichabod's mourning period too and finally put Abbie back in the spot-light for more Ichabod-Abby dynamic.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ended up dropping this show after all. It has no direction. The writers don't know what to do with the show after finally ending the initial plot at the end of Season 2. It really feels like the show should have ended there, but it kept going to keep making money. Hence the whole semi-reboot to the story, and bringing in cheaper actors with new cast members etc... Just an over all weak show through Season 3; so I decided to stop wasting my  time with it.

• Like 2

The first season was fantastic, very interesting concept and one of the best season finales I ever seen. Second season dropped the ball really quick and eliminated their main antagonist in such way that Fable 2 would say "Well, that was disappointing". From that moment on, the show went of whack. Season 3 just shows it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...