That is very optimistic of you, haha. I doubt anything on that level is going to change. I mean, how long have they have been that way? Probably since this iteration of the forum went up.

Keeping documentation up to date seems to have fallen into my hands (the forum rules hadn't been updated until my last return, so people were beholden to a version of the rules I had written when I was a teenager). This is beyond my purview.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Koby,I'm trying to donate to English Dub Kingdom but whenever I click on the donate It directs me to an error page. Is there anyway you can check into this or let me know of another way to donate.
ill look into it. For now you can try to use the broken image on the forum.

Your donate link on English Dub Kingdom still redirects me to an error link, that's probably why you didn't reach the server bill amount cause people probably thought Paypal shut you down again. That or it might just be my pc but the broken image link did work well, I will see if I can donate another $25 by tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

I know i replying pretty late but my humble apologies for not joining this community earlier. I would have loved to help to keep this from being just a download site. This site has such a wonderful design and fluidity that it's just cant simply be a download site. I think i've said this before. If we treat this as a "free-trade" forum eventually those down-loaders will get sucked into the system by their own curiosities and need for communication. Does those 15 posts from download only posters really account for much? Also i think what you guys need is fresh new staff. It's painfully obvious were all getting older and much more busier so we need trust worthy people to take on the job of maintaining this site meaning we need many hands to help maintain.

I don't think it's just the fact that we're getting older. I had all the time in the world until a few weeks ago to help run this place, and you can see I've been frustrated for much longer than that. Others as well.

From my understanding--this is from a year or so ago, maybe two, and definitely before my most recent return--the chatbox was not only a drain on server resources, it leeched away forum activity. Instead of having casual conversations on the forum, it created the illusion that the forum itself was only for serious discussion (and a place for downloaders to post their 15) and that the chatbox was the only real place to have fun and let loose. I don't know how long the chatbox was around this time around, but it seems to have been in effect long enough for it to become an issue in multiple ways, including affecting the atmosphere of the forum.

Posts from downloaders do appear to account for a lot of current activity on the forum. I don't have any specific stats at hand to reference, but I do look at the top daily posters and to me it seems rare for anyone to break into double digits for posts unless it's a brand new face wanting downloads.

I think with the workload the downloads has created, coupled with the split caused by the IRC, it's made the rest of the forum stagnant. Also I--and I think others may too--tend to balk when newer users suggest we need new staff, because to me it reads as an oblique offering. "Let me be on staff and everything will be okay."

Adding new staff won't solve anything until we address some other issues first--what our goal is as a forum, what our purpose is as a forum, and the specifics of how we should handle a broad range of situations. If we bring in new people, they're likely to do their own thing and create a divide between the older style of moderation and the newer style. Without that kind of documentation, without getting everyone on the same page (or at least in the same book), we're just creating problems.

• Nekone locked this topic