Paypal vs. FUNimation

Koby

So it seems FUNimation contacted Paypal and lied to them claiming we've been using Paypal to "sell" copyrighted material they own. I'm currently trying to dispute this since we all know that claim is false.

I've only ever used PayPal for donations to support the sites servers so I wouldn't have to resort to filling the site with advertisements.

I also occasionally use PayPal whenever I purchase something from eBay which is extremely rare, but since it's all tied together, if my Paypal goes.. I don't think I could even use eBay anymore.

Anyways... PayPal wants me to fill out a PDF form and email it back to them... Unfortunately I have no idea how to edit it to fill it out. :/ So if anyone knows how, please let me know!

Anyhow, if you know any alternatives to PayPal, please let me know as well because I definitely need to setup something asap.

(EDIT): I've discovered MoneyBookers, Flattr, and Bitcoin. Though I know nothing of them or which would be best.

If they are actually being smart, then they should have left some of the fields open for you. You should just be able to open it with Adobe and then click on whatever fields you need to enter information.

If they are being stupid, then either take screenshots of the form and edit those, or request for a word document or something. Adobe has been pretty careful about nabbing pdf editors that they didn't make.

What kind of help do you need with for a PDF? I can edit it if you need to, I've edited and signed a few PDFs for job applications (it really is the worst, JFC). ETA: And I can edit it even if there's no open fields to edit (which is a total douche move, but whatever), as long as there are blank spaces to insert text.

Bitcoin may not necessarily be what you're looking for, unless you're in the business of trading currencies.

There's something called Payza that might be worth a look. I don't know if Google Wallet will do the things you want it to do.

i've previously used MoneyBookers on certain online games i used to play ages ago and no information was stolen/no unknown charges ever occurred. As i've never used any other services i can't tell you if MoneyBookers really is the best but i had no problems with it in the past. Hope it helps and damn hope this misunderstanding gets resolved soon.

Edit: keeping in mind i've only used that service to pay for things through it

Edited by Cain

What kind of help do you need with for a PDF? I can edit it if you need to, I've edited and signed a few PDFs for job applications (it really is the worst, JFC). ETA: And I can edit it even if there's no open fields to edit (which is a total douche move, but whatever), as long as there are blank spaces to insert text.

I need to fill out the form they told me to, but it's in pdf form and Adobe Reader and Google Drive don't seem to have any options for editing or filling out the blank lines.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/19eqX8QIXrscMgMbyx2VSVdj-s9INTuAW9d_4W57XqM7PfmIKEEv9MyQc645M/edit?usp=sharing

I hate to sound negative, but I doubt PyaPal will act kindly to you, Koby. The fact remains that you offer a service for anyone to access pirated content via sharing links. I do not see the general 'we don't host material on this server' disclaimer anywhere on the forums front page, which should be there to combat any claims made by the likes of FUNimation etc.

To continue receiving donations, I believe Bitcoin (and it's alternative currencies) would be the safest bet. There is the limitation of not everyone using Bitcoin, hell, I don't even use it.

There is also the option of creating another PayPal account, and using alternative methods of 'donating'. I wont explain it on an open forum topic such as this, but the method is rather simple.

Good news. Papal found my account to be in good standing with their tos and have removed all limits on my account thanks to my appeal.

If anyone wants to read their email response i can post a quote here. :)

That is so very awesome!  I'm happy to hear you got that all cleared up.