Open for Light Skin Suggestions

Koby

Let me know if you like any of these skins. You're welcome to search the internet and suggest other skins as well. If someone would like to design us a custom skin that would be cool as well. I've attempted at redesigning our old custom skin I had made for vBulletin for IP.Board however due to lack of time I've never got around to finishing it...

I'm mainly looking towards light skins at the moment since our current skin is dark, but feel free to suggest other dark themes if you find any decent.

Keep in mind the latest IP.Board is version 3.4.4 and I plan to update to it soon. I'm unaware of what changes might be needed to the skins to make them work, so I've listed the versions they've mentioned they support.

These are a few skins I found:

Beacon (v3.3.3) ($6)

Checkered (v3.4.x) ($30)

Elegant (v3.4.x) ($25)

Idealist (v3.4.2) ($15)

Imperial (v3.4.x) ($30)

Shift (v3.4.x) ($30)

Skin Teke (v3.4.x) (Free)

Spectrum (v3.4.x) ($30)

Splat (v3.4.x) ($30)

Uniform (v3.4.x) ($30)

Velvet (v3.4.x) ($25)

Vintage (v3.3.3) (Free)

Several of the skins allows users to customize colors and backgrounds or one or the other.

I really like Idealist. Beacon and Elegant are pretty nice for simple designs and could easily be altered for improvements. I love Checkered but I feel some of the text is a little too bright as-is and overall a bit too pale. Spectrum allows for a lot of color variations and it looks great, but I kind of think it has too much white.

Current tallies are:

Beacon - 2

Imperial - 1

Skin Teke - 1

Spectrum - 2

Splat - 1

Uniform - 3

From what I understand from looking it up, there hasn't been any real skin changes between the 3.4.x versions so pretty much all the skins should work without any issues right out of the box so to speak except Beacon and Vintage, which are both by the same designer and it's unknown if or when that person will ever actually update them. So those two skins likely wont be considered in the end.

Again, if anyone has any other suggestions of skins please post them!

I've found someone willing to convert our old vBulletin skin that I had custom made myself and he'll do some slight changes to it so it'll look better and work better for IP.Board.

He's willing to do all the work for $50 (half now, half when completed). If anyone is willing to help with the funds, that'd be great. I've already paid him the first half. He'll begin work on it tomorrow and says he'll hopefully have it done in a week.

• Like 1

I've found someone willing to convert our old vBulletin skin that I had custom made myself and he'll do some slight changes to it so it'll look better and work better for IP.Board.

He's willing to do all the work for $50 (half now, half when completed). If anyone is willing to help with the funds, that'd be great. I've already paid him the first half. He'll begin work on it tomorrow and says he'll hopefully have it done in a week.

I'll cover the other half.

[EDIT:]

I just sent the other half.  You should have it now.  I received an email stating it was sent.

Edited by Dreamcastor Rei
  • Like 1

Thanks, I appreciate the support. We've got $40 in donations for the skin now thanks to you, EO, and Temecula.

The question is, should we still go along with adding one of the aforementioned skins even though we're getting our old light skin back?

I don't even remember what the old light skin looks like, haha.

If we have the funds for it, I'm totally down for getting another skin, especially the likes of Uniform or Spectrum. I think others are pretty drawn to the colour flexibility as well.

2J1eQ.png

2J1g5.png

^ The description icons are broke on that screen, lol. The design will be a little different though here, so we'll see what changes Tom comes up with during the conversion.

• Nekone locked this topic