Marijuana

DuLake

Of course this is almost like alcohol. Nice to do it but side effects, you act weird, you're more aggressive, and you can't drive.

The thing is, drinking too much alcohol causes this, doing pot no matter how much, will have the same side effects, more will make it worse.

I don't smoke, I do drink, but not too much. Both smoking and pot should be illegal since both are not only harmful to yourself but others.

Since were talking about Marijuana, it should stay illegal.

Of course this is almost like alcohol. Nice to do it but side effects, you act weird, you're more aggressive, and you can't drive.

The thing is, drinking too much alcohol causes this, doing pot no matter how much, will have the same side effects, more will make it worse.

I don't smoke, I do drink, but not too much. Both smoking and pot should be illegal since both are not only harmful to yourself but others.

Since were talking about Marijuana, it should stay illegal.

If you can find me one, proper, study to show that pot makes you more aggressive or violent in anyway.

I'd LOVE to see it.

People get delusions and have hallucinations, and they are more prone to attack people just walking on the street. Almost like drinking too much alcohol.

In any case, the point is pot is bad for you just like smoking. Each has side-effects which is harmful and can even kill you.

So basically, these things should be illegal.

IDC if you don't agree with me on what I say.

• Like 1

People get delusions and have hallucinations, and they are more prone to attack people just walking on the street. Almost like drinking too much alcohol.

In any case, the point is pot is bad for you just like smoking. Each has side-effects which is harmful and can even kill you.

Not 100% true. It does have similar effects to alcohol since both cause phychoactive effects, but it isn't the pot by itself that would cause hallucinations or violent behaviour. Also smoking is much more lethal. Oh and excessive alcohol consumption leads to alcohol poisoning or death, whereas excessive marijuana use leads to a longer and more intense high. There haven't been any clinically documented cases of people dying solely through the overconsumption of marijuana.

Also I'll quote Wikipedia's effects list just to back up some of what I said.

Cannabis has psychoactive and physiological effects when consumed.[17] The immediate desired effects from consuming cannabis include relaxation and mild euphoria (the "high" or "stoned" feeling), while some immediate undesired side-effects include a decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, impaired motor skills and reddening of the eyes.[18] Aside from a subjective change in perception and mood, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, increased appetite and consumption of food, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term and working memory,[19][20]psychomotor coordination, and concentration.

• 2 months later...

Well I think it should be legalized for people with terminal Illness. people with cancer who go through chemotherapy

find marijuana is the only thing that helps ease their suffering. 

Governments should not withhold something that can help relieve pain and suffering especially to the dieing.

I would say it's ok for recreational use, but like drinking and driving people with do it. Then you have to worry

about the people who get addicted and just want to be high all the time. Then you have those who end up

needing something heaver to get high.

I did, as pot stopped getting me high because my system was saturated in it. Instead of getting into heavier

stuff, I just gave it up altogether and have not touched it now in many years.

It concerns me that there are people who would go the other way and get into the heaver stuff to stay high.

I think that is where the danger lies....

Edited by theNexus

• 3 weeks later...

I've never drank or did any drugs but my opinion on this is as long as they can handle the substance with out hurting themselves or anyone else they should be allowed to use it. I believe it should be legalized for sure. Those who try to pin it to other drugs basically describe there own desire to do other drugs. Sure you can get addicted to idea of getting high but it's not the same type of addiction. As long as you are a type of person who can handle the substance then have at it. I personally won't drink or smoke because I have an addictive personality and don't wanna chance being hooked on the idea of it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I never cared for it because I was never into the way it made me feel but it does sadden me knowing that even alcohol is much much worse for you but because society accepts it because of the centuries it's been around and embedded into many cultures and it's legal. I remember in my intro psychology class the professor asked if you think alcohol is a drug raise your hand. Like only 5% raised their hand. It IS a drug because it alters your state of mind. Plus it's just a plant...

Everything should be legal, people should be responsible for themselves (wouldn't that be great if they actually could). Driving and operating machinery under the influence would still have to be enforced bottom line. This way you can make these decisions without being labeled a criminal

That being said if everything was legal (in terms of drugs; obviously rape, murder, and abuse of all other kinds would still be super illegal) would we be in a utopia where users aren't persecuted or is man not be trusted with himself. Personally I think it'd be an apocalyptic primal nightmare of a world.

Edited by DabDeity710