We're all in a leaking ship, and it's about time we fixed it.

Pinkie Pie

A Kametsu Youtube channel would be cool. We could have people upload LPs and whatever to it. I don't really travel in Youtube circles too much because the community is a little...  but maybe we could disable comments on Youtube? We'd still have the forum so people can talk about it, not to mention we can better vet discussions that way.

A Kametsu Youtube channel would be cool. We could have people upload LPs and whatever to it. I don't really travel in Youtube circles too much because the community is a little...  but maybe we could disable comments on Youtube? We'd still have the forum so people can talk about it, not to mention we can better vet discussions that way.

A Youtube channel has been suggested multiple times; it's a fine idea--I don't want to sound like I'm against it, because I'm not! But given the forum's track history with creating content regularly that isn't anime downloads, I suspect that it'll progress thusly:

Lots of initial interest. A handful will promise to have a video weekly/every two weeks. Another handful will say they're too busy, but once things are settled in life, they might participate.

Interest slowly starts waning as the number of comments and amount of feedback decreases, until eventually it either sputters and dies quietly, or one person sticks to it for as long as possible before admitting that it's a failed attempt and shuts it down themselves.

I think with regards to creating content, we first have to decide what our purpose is as a forum and community. If we decide to stick with wearing all of the hats (gaming, RP, art & literature, anime & manga, entertainment, downloads), we should decide our priorities. I think our primary focus should be on updating the main site (Kametsu.com), since it's the face of the forum and it's super duper weird that it's never updated.

One of the things we could do is as we update with news and articles on the site's main page, make it so all the comments and discussion of the news happens on the forum. See here on the Starbound site. When you click the comments link on the blog posts, it takes you to the forum. I dunno if it's something we can make happen automatically here (someone might have to do some coding), but it wouldn't be difficult to do manually, to at least post a topic with a link to the blog post.

We can branch out from there (and definitely do more forum events), but I think relying on off-site communities like Youtube would just have the same effect as the IRC channel did--it would only further divide our userbase, even if we turned off comments on the videos.

• Like 1