[BRAVE] Profile Cover Photos

Koby

I noticed that with the skin the custom backgrounds wasn't working properly. Instead of switching out the background behind your information in your profile it simply seemed to alter the borders in the background to the far sides of the screen.

Rather than simply alter it and because custom backgrounds and such tend to be horrid on modified skins and such, I've replaced the custom backgrounds with Cover Photos. This is similar to what Facebook offers for those of you that happen to use Social Networking.

For an example check out Renzourin's profile:

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/user/1291-renzourin/

Please let me know what you think. Do you prefer it this way? etc...

Yes I like this. Background images are just... Too much in the background. I like header images much better. What's the optimal resolution for uploads?

The images shrink/expand depending on your viewing resolution. Check it out by adjusting the width of your browser on your screen. Honestly can't say what would be the idea resolution. I'd say an image with around/minimum 500 pixels in height would be your best option and the width be more than that.

For comparisons sake; Renzourins Cover Photo is: 1,023px x 614px

Yes I like this. Background images are just... Too much in the background. I like header images much better. What's the optimal resolution for uploads?

The images shrink/expand depending on your viewing resolution. Check it out by adjusting the width of your browser on your screen. Honestly can't say what would be the idea resolution. I'd say an image with around/minimum 500 pixels in height would be your best option and the width be more than that.

For comparisons sake; Renzourins Cover Photo is: 1,023px x 614px

Hm it seems when I shrink/expand my screen the vertical height is always at 500px. I guess the horizontal height varies on how much you want it to be. So one should make it big enough for the big boys and small enough for the 4:3 guys. :P

It's really big! Like it's a lot to scroll by to get to the information, haha.

It's pretty cool, though, I like it.

Yeah, I'll see if I can remove some of the stuff that doesn't really need to be on the profile page such as the redundant username bar and the crap about the IRC channel, etc.

I might also reduce the height of the cover photos slightly.

• Nekone locked this topic