~Fallout 4~

Dark_Angel13

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not really  the nuke in megaton was a 1 time thing   u cant get that again in 3    dif ammo types don't count  there's only one wep type of the nuke   vegas 

Meh it was a stupid wep anyway and how do dif ammo types not count? they're dif nukes technically but w.e anyway, fatboy was a lame ass gun and it's only use was for three against behemoths

yeah true its lack of range was something of a turnoff for me using it   it was nice to see the after effect with smoke lols  i dont know ive never considered various ammo types to be considered dif weps      ^^   how do or how can you view a game as a filler?  like its not a true version ?   besides thinking there fillers what do you think can be made to improve the next game?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this thread took me about half an hour to decipher... :/

First, I guess I'll open with some pretty much obvious facts. F4 is pretty much confirmed to be using the Creation engine, which is the same engine that was used in Skyrim. Bethesda spent too much time and money to develop the engine for it not to be used, not to mention Skyrim used but a fraction of its potential. Which brings the next probable addition (which has been rumoured since the beginning and hinted at in some of BS and OS's comments), a Skyrim inspired skill system. Considering the intial development of said system was originally intended for New Vegas, it seems logical that it'll come full swing. More importantly, it seem a much better system in general, especially for a game like Fallout. Use a gun type, get better with that gun type. Hack a computer? Skill increase. 

Lastly, it seems that we will not be seeing this game until at least mid next year. The Creation engine was limited by the current 8yo hardware of the current console generation, so I (and many others) think that it'll be released to coincide with the next gen beauties of 2014.

Phew, facts/logical conjectures aside. I never experienced any game breaking glitches while playing either of the Fallout games. This I attribute to me having played it on Xbox, which is generally less buggy with Bethesda titles, thankfully. Of course, there was always the noticeable lag issues with all the DLC and the occasionally easy-fix bugs like the Archimedes II firing animation playing constantly or bodies zooming towards me when I sneak-sniped them with big calibre weapons. As you can probably tell by that, NV was generally more buggy for me than Fallout 3.

I feel F3 had a superior main story arc, but NV had better radial story lines and better characters. Sure, Fawkes, Elder Lyon and Moira were funny/cool/well-made characters, but when put next too Caesar, the King, Benny, Yes-Man and Veronica too name a few? No contest. New Vegas' characters were generally better written; as was general dialogue and character interactions. NV's biggest downfall was the lack of impact you felt on the Wastes while playing and the complete absence of an emotional tie to the Courier. I did prefer the weapons in NV too, with the weapon modding harking back to F2, albeit in a much more direct fashion.

Personally I'd like to see a melding of the stories in F4. I've always hated the NCR for what they did to the BoS and want to see the BoS play a larger role again. Maybe the East Coast guys decide to bring their new tenets back to the outdated farts back in California, but they run into the Legion and NCR fighting at the Dam? Or post Vegas events with either side having decimated each other. Meh, I don't know. Maybe even a new country? Basically as long as the Brotherhood plays a more prominent role again cause come on guys, they've saved the Wastes three bloody times now, why the get ragged on so hard?

Sorry if this was TL;DR, I wrote this while writing articles for the Informer, among other pubs n stuff.

Half an hour to decipher? It was pretty clear what you discuss here and all you had to do was skip to the last page so I don't see what your issue was with it.

I also disagree with you about characters from NV and F3, F3 had better characters imo, sure some of them didnt have the best interactions but at least you could grow an attatchment to them, NV I didn't give a fuck about anyone, nor did I feel a hate for anyone, even Benny who shoots you in the head at the start I didn't hate, he was just an annoying character like most of the others in the game.

Another thing I'd like to see in the next game is some further character customization, let me edit his build, height etc as well as his face and hair, every single character is identical just with a dif face and hair style, same muscle build and everything, it may be a little thing but it could be worked on

Half an hour to decipher? It was pretty clear what you discuss here and all you had to do was skip to the last page so I don't see what your issue was with it.

I also disagree with you about characters from NV and F3, F3 had better characters imo, sure some of them didnt have the best interactions but at least you could grow an attatchment to them, NV I didn't give a fuck about anyone, nor did I feel a hate for anyone, even Benny who shoots you in the head at the start I didn't hate, he was just an annoying character like most of the others in the game.

Another thing I'd like to see in the next game is some further character customization, let me edit his build, height etc as well as his face and hair, every single character is identical just with a dif face and hair style, same muscle build and everything, it may be a little thing but it could be worked on

I meant that I took a while to see what you guys were actually chatting about. But meh, no matter.

About the characters, that was kinda my point. Because you don't connect with the Courier like you do with the Lone Wanderer, the character interactions weren't as impacting on you as the player. But objectively speaking I feel the characters were much better written. If the attachment to your character was like that of the Lone Wanderer then i feel we'd all be saying that New Vegas had better characters. 

Character models and builds have always been a problem in large scale RPGs, especially open world games as large as Fallout. I mean, look at  Skyrim (I'm using it because it is the most recent large scale open rpg). Other than the variations in race there is actually a lot less build variation than it appears. Its a limitation of the hardware capabilities, a huge drain of resources and strains the budget. Generally, having too much character customization can and will detract from the rest of the game. Not necessarily a lot, but definitely enough to impact overall quality.

I did look into the capabilities of the Creation engine today; saw some test footage, technical specs and the likes. If even a modicum more of the potential sitting in the engine is coaxed out, then whatever game is created using it. But while trawling for info on the engine I came across some more information regarding the game itself. Well, hints really. Three Dog will be making an appearance in the game, judging by the tweets his voice actor (Erikk Todd Dellums) was allowed to post. Jason Bergman also hinted at the Mojave at least appearing in the game when he tweeted, "You'll get no tips from me. But the Mojave Wasteland was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?"

So whadday'all think? Three Dog will be back, so I hope we will see more of the Capitol Wastes. Maybe the newly rebuilt Capitol Wastes become a new superpower like the Legion or NCR? I certainly hope so...

• 4 months later...

As a player of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I fell in love with these games.  However the bugs in fallout 3 goty edition for the ps3 was so full of bugs that I had to trade it back for a original copy. 

I find that odd considering my copy of it didn't have that many bugs, the only real part of it that ever glitched out was Point Lookout and all that did was freeze every now and then