Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

I'm glad I listed the links down in my article now, I had a feeling something was going to go wrong when it came to the images but oh well, just a little extra work I guess, not like it's a major issue.

@Dae: I still doubt we'll have any issues with the drive as long as people don't start trying to talk there so it doesn't really need and guidelines set up, that and if it does ever come to it(which I doubt it will), EO can always step in and slap them, most likely with a cat or a shovel :P

Haha, yes.

Anyway, in case anyone missed it, there is a stitched together image of the thread as it stands now in the drive. I've already built prelim DL versions (right now only Poe and I can see them, I'm still messing around with it) and am waiting on Java to craft a cover page. He'll be my guinea pig so I can determine what parameters to set for future cover and splash page entries.

The DL versions are 16 pages long. That's with a cover page, table of contents, and credits page. As well as section headers and intermittent article images. I'm no designer, so later today I'll make the DL versions public to the rest of the crew and we can hash out how to make it look less stupid. I'm thinking future splash pages between sections.

Just in case anyone wanted to have an idea the size of the project we've undertaken, haha.

• Like 2

I made another form of the DL version that's more like a booklet and 23 pages. Java is working on a cover page and Poe is working on a header graphic.

As far as covers go, what do you guys want to do? We could do one of three things.

1. Have each issue have its own cover, so the releases on the 1st and 15th have their own cover.

2. Use the same cover for issues of the same month, so the releases on the 1st and 15th share a cover.

3. Use the same cover forever.

There's also the matter of piecing together the two into a mega issue and what cover we use then.

Anyway, after I fix a couple of things on the DL versions, they'll go live for newsletter crew and you guys can download it and let me know if you see anything. I'll post an update on the status when it happens.

Also I keep forgetting because I'm trying to do sixty things at once. For this first issue, I went ahead with putting the categories into alphabetical order because that was the order it was on the drive and I was too tired to care. Is there a specific order you guy want to do next time? Maybe match the layout of the forum or something else?

ETA: DL drafts are live. All Important Information > Newsletter Drafts

• Like 1