What is Spam?

Koby

Because of the huge load of new users who join up and start spamming to gain access to the download section, and when sent warnings or suspensions a lot of them actually claimed to not know they were actually spamming. Also because some of the actual active and contributing members spam sometimes as well (yes I'm pointing to Sensui xD sorry man, among many others). I've decided to explain what we consider Spam here at Kametsu Forums.

By the very definition of Spam, or at least from the initials you get: S = Stupid, P = Pointless, A = Annoying, M = Messages; Stupid pointless annoying message. However this needs some explanation given to point out just what can be considered Spam.

1. If your post doesn't fit in the topic (This is sometimes allowed).
  2. If your post doesn't contribute to the discussion. Such as simply saying "I Agree", "that sucks", "cool", etc. Or if you post in a topic simply to say you can't do what the topic needs. (example: here).
  3. You make a thread in the wrong board (usually we just move it to correct place).
  4. You hi-jack another introduction thread. If you are new, make your own!
  5. Double, Triple etc.. Posting. If you were the last person in a topic to post, then use the EDIT button (edit.gif) if you have something extra to add. Double posting is SPAM.

If you are going to post in a topic make sure your post has meaning and contributes to the topic at hand. Just saying you agree with the topic can sometimes be considered spam.

Also try not to post a lot of short replies. These posts leave little to nothing to reply to. You can add to your post to give something more for others to reply and discuss back to. Please go a little more into detail. For example, in the last watched/completed topics, why not give your rating out of 10 for it, and maybe a plot synopsis so others can know what it's about. Same with last watched movie, etc.. You don't have to, but it's appreciated and adds to a topic giving your post more meaning and shares to the community.

I hope this post helps with the Spam, and may it help everyone to post a little nicer as well.

• Like 1

yes I'm pointing to Sensui xD sorry man, among many others

1st : I have to post in 3 of my threads many many uploads...if I'd made 1 post edit out of those all titles and links the page becomes too long, so I have to scroll down alot of words and I can't find my way in witch I have to edit, when I try to edit that long post with many many titles and links, it takes alot of time for me to find tha links that are broken (I mean using the pages are the best way for me to find them)... (tha threads are about : mass animation movies, mass animation comics, mass animation games)...

2nd : For the other threads I'll try to use the edit.gif button when it's needed...

3rd : I'm 24/7 online (lol)

4th : I fell sorry that I made you merge my posts (every time I made a double post)

About posting, that's my final solution (that I used often now 5-7 days ago)...

1st : I have to post in 3 of my threads many many uploads...if I'd made 1 post edit out of those all titles and links the page becomes too long, so I have to scroll down alot of words and I can't find my way in witch I have to edit, when I try to edit that long post with many many titles and links, it takes alot of time for me to find tha links that are broken (I mean using the pages are the best way for me to find them)... (tha threads are about : mass animation movies, mass animation comics, mass animation games)...

2nd : For the other threads I'll try to use the edit.gif button when it's needed...

3rd : I'm 24/7 online (lol)

4th : I fell sorry that I made you merge my posts (every time I made a double post)

About posting, that's my final solution (that I used often now 5-7 days ago)...

Well there are always cases as well that allow for double posting Sensui, such as the threads you mentioned. xD

• Like 1

no probably not i spam here and there on accident but think of this me and sen joined around the same time as each other and yet somehow sensui now nears 1000 posts and i have barely cleared 100 i wonder how he got so many posts hmmm?

10x Magic D:...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is largely a rewrite of Koby's initial post. It cannot be repeated often enough.

---

Due to an increasing amount of spam from new and old users alike, we have created a simple test.

The Spam Litmus Test

1. Is your post relevant?

2. Does your post contribute anything to the discussion?

If you answered “NO” to either one of these questions, your post is probably spam!

---

If your response is similar to “I agree”, “that sucks”, “cool”, “I like camels”, or anything like that, it is considered spam. One sentence and one word posts are not conducive to discussion.

Make a thread in the wrong board? Generally, the correction for this is a mod simply moving it to the correct location. Try to avoid this by reading board descriptions before posting.

Hijacking a thread or derailing it from its original topic? This is also spam. Make a new thread instead in the appropriate location.

Were you the last poster in a thread? Replying to yourself is double-posting and is considered spam. Edit your post instead. Bumping threads is unnecessary—people will respond if they have something to say.

If you’re offering opinions on something, give details. Tell us why you think the way you do. For example, if you’re talking about your favourite anime, you could easily give it a rating, explain that rating, and offer a brief synopsis for people unfamiliar with it.

Instead of just saying that you like or dislike something, try to incorporate other people’s opinions into your post. If someone earlier in the thread says they love Naruto but you disagree, quote them and tell them why you disagree.

If you're ever unclear on whether your post is spam, do not hesitate to ask a member of staff to look over it!

Remember: Discussion is key! Giving details and responding to other people directly is the easiest way to contribute to the discussion.

THIS IS CROSS POSTED INTO THE RULES THREAD.