Final Fantasy VII Remake

BanBlade

As much as I like FF7, they've really milked the FF7-train enough over the past few years. I'd like to see it come up on a next gen handheld or something. (I'm a handheld gamer at heart.)

Mind you, they should wait until after FF5 and 6 have been remade. (1-2 got a GBA remake, while 3-4 got DS, might as well go in order.)

I'd love to see an FF6 remake, as it's easily my favourite in the series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Out of all the final fantasy series VII and X had the best story lines the best group of characters and best mini games. These two are the games that deserve a remake and out benefit the best from graphical updates. My only hope is that if they do ever decide to make them they cant change a thing about the story lines or battle systems especially for VII because that Turn based Battle System was perfect!

I don't know if I want it. The biggest issue would whether or not to keep the core gameplay intact. Some may devoutly support the old-school turn based system while others may point to games like the Kingdom Hearts series and say that would be the best evolution.

I say they should wait until after FFVersusXIII. With mixed bag that was FFXIII with it's odd turn-based+action-RPG fusion of gameplay I say that they should look to FFVersusXIII to what they should do with the gameplay. If it rocks and keeps everyone happy then they should implement that. If not, then keep it old school.

Dude this forum is also part of my site Forgotten Memories, which has reliable info and news, and at one time one of the top 5 biggest/most active FF related fansites, though it hasn't been actively updated in years. Square Enix of Japan and North America both personally contact me via email to give the latest news on a monthly basis. They have also contacted me in the past to help hold competitions where they themselves would hand out the prices to the winners via mail. So anything we say you can believe to be true. What I've posted before was directly translated from what they have officially stated on the official Square Enix twitter page as well.

Only an idiot would believe FF7 would never receive a remake, even without the source of info.

As cloudff7pc stated. They've already either ported or remade 1-6, and well now they have announced interest in 7, 8, and 9. So it's only a matter of time before you will see them. It's not even an "if" situation, it's only a "when".

As for official sources for news.. you can always check:

http://forgottenmem.net

or

http://forums.kametsu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

As for mentioning 8 and 9 remakes: Square Enix asks fans about remakes?

Just been reading some of the old posts and read this one about your sources being reliable, so just wanted to know if there was any truth to a rumor i heard awhile back. Heard that one of the reasons a FFVII remake is being held back is because they wanted to wait so all of the original art/graphical directors and such could work on the project together?

Any truth to that or have i been fooled by someone?:confuse:

I would love them to remake 7 I think that 7 was by far one of my favorites as well. I also think I would like to see a revamp on some of the older games as well final fantasy IV or VI would make some awesome new games if the upped the graphics and changed the battle system. Well here is to hopping it happens in my lifetime who knows it may.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of that game, but I have very little interest in a HD remake of it. I believe that some people from Square have even gone on record saying that the cost to do it correctly are around the same as it cost them to make 13, basically because they would have to build the game from the ground up.

Also I have so many RPG's kicking around from the last couple of years that I haven't been able to finish that going back and playing one isn't going to help that much either.

A remake would be good, from a business perspective. If FF7 was remade for PS3, FF fans across the world would go absolutely crazy. People, like myself, who don't own a PS3 would buy one just to play that game. Which could help Sony cause they could probably boost the price of a PS3 to $600 dollars and people would still buy it to play FF7.

Plus, I think the fans really do want the remake. It's one of the most loved and treasured video games in history that was made during a time when the graphics weren't even close in comparison to matching the value of gamplay it produced.

Do I want a remake? You bet your ass I do. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. Many people at Square have practically gone on the record saying it won't happen.

Many people at Square have practically gone on the record saying it won't happen.

They have never said it wouldn't happen, they have always just said it's a possibility but would not be worked on if they did until after the FF13 compilation. Which they then stated they plan the FF13 compilation "Fabula Nova Crystallis" to last a decade. They have FF13, FF Agito 13, FF Versus 13, and there was the rumored FF Haerisis (w/e) 13, along with confirmed but not named two other games to be in it.

They have never said it wouldn't happen, they have always just said it's a possibility but would not be worked on if they did until after the FF13 compilation. Which they then stated they plan the FF13 compilation "Fabula Nova Crystallis" to last a decade. They have FF13, FF Agito 13, FF Versus 13, and there was the rumored FF Haerisis (w/e) 13, along with confirmed but not named two other games to be in it.

If Square plans on making all those before even considering a VII remake, I'm not going to get my hopes up. At all.