Fanclubs, Private Rooms and other new things?

Koby

What do you think about them? Would you use it, how would you use it? Please let me know.

I know we once had fan clubs and they were semi-active at first but then quickly died. And well the Private Room, people kept giving the pass to the other gender which wasn't nice. At first they weren't active, but then the Private Rooms grew on us and we had all kinds of nice things in the boys room, not sure about the girls though because well I'm not a girl. =P Oh and what about the forum families again?

So should we have these back?

I think we should improve the Roleplay Section. I need to add a profile/sign-up board for it to keep it more organized, and get some Roleplay staff, and some new high-quality roleplays and we need more active roleplayers. xD

Also I was thinking of maybe doing more stuff.. Like doing board/site reviews where people have to have a certain amount of posts to request, then we have staff who will review their site for them, and stuff. I don't know, we once did this on my old resource forum known as Enlightened Resource and it seemed pretty popular. What other resource things could we possibly do as well? Perhaps Music Downloads?

I was thinking of installing a Gallery script where members will be able to upload images into certain categories etc.. it could be pretty cool right?

An Arcade, and SMF Shop is on the way, and I found a cool mod for the Karma thing that makes it so you can see you gave you a rep and the reason. All that will be added shortly, as well as I found a couple decent skins.

Come on give your comments, criticism, idea's, suggestions, feedback please!

Music download:

-> as long as the music isn't copyrighted and/or doesn't violate copyright laws, u should do it. but it'll waste a lot of bandwidth.. trust me.

Private Rooms:

-> you should bring it back to see how it goes. if it doesn't go that great, scrap it after a month or 2, but it's a good idea nontheless

Fan Clubs:

->hmm .. no real use for them .. but i guess it could work ... try it out first like the private rooms. lol

The rest sound good =]

Edited & added more to the first post.

As long as we put a disclaimer about the Music, it should keep us from getting into any legal issues, thats how we get by with being able to put Theme Songs Official Sound Tracks from the games etc on our sites. And about the bandwidth, we have 5 terabytes worth of it. But we could always use youtube, or some other download service to save our bandwidth for that. We could do like music requests and then someone with that music could post it, etc.. It'd be sure to bring in other people.

Thing is, the reason why napster and kazaa and stuff were being sued was coz they kept music files on their servers which allowed people to download the songs faster. This, in turn, encouraged music piracy and lead to the suing of these 2 companies.

And yeah ..... i dunno. =/

do it at your own risk. lol (the music thing)

other stuff are great =]

Well Shinji, it's kind of the same with Artwork that people use/place on their site. Such as all Final Fantasy images, etc are owned by Square-Enix, if they wished to enforce it they could sue anyone who used those images in signatures, put them on their sites, or anything. But they don't. O.o I don't want to get into trouble for doing it, so I guess we better stick on the safe side rather then be sorry for it later.

Well... I don't know how these things have worked out before... but I think Private Rooms sound interesting. However, Fan Clubs sounds like a waste of time. I mean, why not just put it open to everyone? It's not like anyone who doesn't like that stuff will be posting there anyway. Maybe I'm just not getting it, though.

You're right about the roleplaying section needing a little work... I'd love to roleplay a little here, but the way it's set up isn't very user-friendly. Adding an OOC/Sign-up section as well as a Profile section would organize things a bit.

Site reviews sounds like it would encourage more activity, so I'd go for it. It's not like I have my own forum or would be able to rate... but I'm sure there are alot of people who would be really happy to have something like that. I don't think music downloading is a very good idea. Maybe you're right about it being okay, but it would still make me feel a little guilty. ^^;; I would love an image gallery, though!

I really like the idea of Fanclubs. There're a lot of people here who are interested in the same things, and fanclubs would help us get to know each other a whole lot better. Besides, maybe this time the idea won't die like it did before.

I'm excited for the Karma thing you're adding. This way, now I'll be able to know why I'm such a good member or bad member. xD

'Kay. I don't remember fan clubs, but if those were those little threads in the general section, then I really don't care. It would probably be better fit for the forum games unless people can act constructively in them. :P

Private rooms I didn't really care for, but it was fun for what it was worth. I don't think it should be sex-based, but just a private forum for all members after reaching such and such a post count for all the serious, personal stuff--that would effectively put the rant and rave section to rest since it would all be a section for members only, ranting and raving included.

Forum families, like I said before, could come back, but I never saw much use to it unless we could do a universal one that didn't involve incest.

Karma I could care less about.

Roleplaying section does need to be spiffed up a bit, but it's workable at the moment. I think people are just being lazy.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...