Adventure Time!

Pinkie Pie

Personally just wished this show or something like it existed back when I was a kid! Still a fun watch, but if it was on WAY back when in the dark ages when I was a child I would have been absolutely mesmerized by it!

I actually think I can appreciate it more as an adult. Episodes like Puhoy, All the Little People, and the Marceline and Ice King episodes explore some pretty interesting concepts that I don't think I would fully understand as a child. I would only enjoy it on a superficial level.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The new Fionna and Cake episode, Bad Little Boy, leaked the other day. I watched it because I am impatient and I kind of really like Marshall Lee. His voice actor is pretty much perf.

Sometimes I wish they'd just do an entire spinoff series, haha.

I second that motion. Fionna and Cake should totally have their own spinoff series. It would be fantastic.

Anyway, I love Adventure Time! I was hella late getting into it at first, but now I watch it all the time. I still need to go back and watch a lot of the older episodes though. I'll probably buy the Season 1 box set, and I think Season 2's box set is coming soon, like next month.

Who is everyone's fav character? I'm stuck between PB, LSP, and Marceline.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

only just got into adventure time myself, and its brilliant. its awesomely kooky, and one of those shows designed for kids, but written for adults. Kinda like how movies like shrek are 'for kids', but has a huge number of adult only jokes in it.

In any case, me and my son been watching it religously (he's 3). we sing along with the opening theme (fist-bump included!)

• 3 months later...

I agree with some other people on here that I too am an adult and wouldnt be able to appreciate the detail that goes into writing & animating this show if I were a kid. I have so many moments where I am in awe that CN even allows what is being produced by these people, that being said I am happy that they allow it ahah.

bologna factory, bologna factory, bologna factory!

Edited by agekindly

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite episodes are the Ice King/Marceline ones! They tell a much deeper story than what's there on the surface.... I love how they've geared the show more towards adults, as they've realized who's really watching it.

Also, I'm so glad that the show hasn't become a one-trick pony by now. It would have been so easy for them to do that, but I'm thankful that they haven't. The writers have managed to keep the ideas flowing well.

I had this suggested to me and at first found it very hard to watch because it was just a lot of little stories. But when they started having episodes about the history of Ooo and the Litch King, that was when I got hooked. It had so much detail and was a lot more serious than what I was expecting from what I saw as a "kid's show" at the time. It just blew me away.

• 4 weeks later...