Adventure Time!

Pinkie Pie

I watch adventure time, so far I've watched until season 4 episode Ignition Point, kinda makes me think that Flame King is actually Evil. I think his his trying to keep Flame princess evil

Can't catch up with the other 3 latest episodes will try though, since projects has been stacking up lately at school with tons of essays to write ~

I watch it fairly casually, but often enough to know what's going on--supplemented by Wiki reading and the occasional post floating around Tumblr. At first I didn't really care for it. I thought it was random and more than a little stupid, but I kept watching episodes when there was nothing else on or I was trying to watch Regular Show (which did immediately click for me) and eventually it grew on me.

As far as being involved in the fandom, I'm not super immersed--most of the Homestuck artists I follow also seem to be into Adventure Time, so either way I end up hearing about things from them if anything big happens.

I'm pretty excited about the next Fionna and Cake episode and seeing more of Marshall Lee, though.

I don't watch it, but I hear it's like the only good cartoon that CN shows these days.

Here's a good Youtube video I came across awhile back. Really addicting.

Also I was flipping through the channels one day and came across a part in the show where Marceline was in it.

I think she's my favorite character (a favorite character in a show I don't watch lol...). I like the tongue part at the begginging. :P

I like Marceline too, especially after the recent episode with her and Ice King, but she's just been a fun character every time I've seen her. Marceline/Princess Bubblegum is my OTP.

Regular Show is really good--the humour jives with me and I like the characters. It's a little goofy, but what cartoon isn't? Gumball is okay--it's grown on me a bit. I don't really know much about the other shows on CN. I, uh, watch a lot of shows about people buying/selling houses and getting style makeovers.

tumblr_m9gcuoBe0o1qzckow.gif

I love Gumball. It's so fucking cute and colorful that it makes my eyes bleed ^ w^

Am I the only one that shrieked NO WAIT when Finn took the Ice King's crown off and took the power gems out of it? Because I was actually upset about that for a couple of minutes. I can't wait for the new season to start u wu

But yeah, I definitely ship Marceline/Princess Bubblegum. Maybe in an au where the Mushroom War didn't happen, PB would be a regular person and they'd end up together anyway u wu

I dunno man, I keep getting all of these fandom thoughts about Adventure Time, but I'm not sure if I should pursue them or not.

Oh wow, LSP's gem, haha. And Finn's flowing golden locks. And the cliffhanger ending. And. And the things. All the things.

I did have a moment with the crown, especially given what we just learned the previous episode--like how long would it take for negative effects to take place?

You should pursue all the thoughts!

Not only is Adventure Time not an anime (in the strictest sense of being an animated work from Japan), but it's difficult to take you seriously when you use the word "queer" in a derogatory fashion. If you're using it to mean "homosexual", all the worse--but even if you're using it to mean "unusual" or "odd", what difference does that even make?

A lot of western animated shows have unusual aesthetics--Gumball doesn't have a traditional aesthetic, nor does Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, nor does Motorcity, but they're all successful and have decently sized fanbases from a cursory glance. It's part of the appeal--they're not traditionally beautiful or visually appealing, but they're goofy, offbeat, and fun. They have depth and people relate to the characters.

To take it briefly outside of cartoons, a webcomic I read called 14 Nights isn't traditionally beautiful--even I was put off by the loose, goofy artwork at first. But as I kept reading, I found myself sucked into it. I love the hell out of the comic and its characters. I found myself pulling for Lucian and Nikita, enjoying Nika's exaggerated expressions and the gorgeous dream sequences. I fell in love with characters I initially found ugly--I've even read the whole thing about four or five times.

The same goes for Adventure Time. At first, I was put off. It was random, it didn't make sense, and it was ugly. But as I watched more of it, it started making sense. Maybe I was closing my mind to it and it managed to pry it open--I don't know. You have so many great characters, male and female. Characters that are treated like total jokes are given depth, given life and personalities. Characters that may come off as total Mary Sues are balanced and make sense within the world of Adventure Time. While episodic, it maintains continuity and references previous episodes all the time.

I'm sorry you don't like the show, but considering you're judging it based on a few minutes' worth of material--if that--I don't think there's much reason for you to have gone into this thread to express your distaste. You didn't ask what people see in the show and try to understand the appeal, nor did you give any real reason for not liking it, ergo I find myself concluding that you are determined to dislike it regardless of what anyone tells you.

I tried to find you an appropriate Adventure Time hate blog so you can be among like-minded folk, but I couldn't locate one. The closest I could find were Facebook pages you could like, but those are as much a community as a bag of potato chips is a quality meal.

======

Anyway, I came across this awesome cover of "I'm Just Your Problem"!

Aaah, PB and Marceline feels.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not a hardcore fan of AT but I do really enjoy watching it.

The plot is very interesting and when you sit down and really think on what you can see

in the background or why some characters exist... it can actually be pretty dark.

The air of mystery behind Susan Strong is something that has always captured my interest.

Many fans have their theories but I'm just looking forward to when an episode will be able to

give out more hints or clues as to her origins.

Some people I know say that the animation is "stupid".

Of course they don't see what AT is actually about.

All they see is a talking play-doh dog, rainbow unicorn and a candy kingdom.

If you're not into it then that's fine but it always seems so sad when a series isn't given a proper chance. D:

• 3 weeks later...