Games you regret buying/playing

Kyle_Dimetri

I regret buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Call of Duty 4 was good, but every single game after that was pretty much the same. I figured, it's been like 4 years, the game has to be different by now, so I bought it. Played it for like 2 weeks before I got bored of it being the same thing and sold it.

There's been some other games, but I can't remember them all. I regret buying Skyrim mainly because I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance to play it properly. I hop on it like once a month and play for an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mmm... Unless I really go digging in the boxes in the closet I won't be remembering the names of a couple real junkers struck from memory. So I'll just go with something I'll at least admit to playing and found not to taste. Unreal Tournament 3. They got Gears of War into the community's beloved UT. Messed with the game formula. And tossed the server support to Gamespy. Not to mention the mod community had their hands tied by over the top engine lockouts.

Oddly enough... UT2004 online play still works, UT3 is dead. Hmm, no need to wonder why!

• Like 1

borderlands 2. Give it a coupel of months, the hype will die down and everyone will realise how god damn mundane this game is. And if someone else tries to tell me how 'funny' it is I'll throttle them. The humour is like a 13 year old has skimmed internet pop culture (memebase) and tried to impress this upon the game. It does not work. Also, why is every bloody quest a bloody easter egg? sort of defeats the object.....

meh. perhaps I'm being harsh but I spent 40 quid on a product I am less than satisfied with. I remember now why I stick to second hand games-not least because I'm so damn broke:(

also, I agree about resi 4. Awesome game. Pity games have become so repetitive these days, developers just aren't willing to take risks (I'm looking at you halo, cod, fable, borderlands, every football/tennis/golf/underwater polo game ever).

• 2 weeks later...

Aliens vs Predator 3 Full Price Pre-order and Star Wars Empire At War Gold Pack.

Both of these games are awesome, but unfortunately the multiplayer is dead. Now it feels like a total waste every time I look at them. And I'm afraid Crysis is falling for the same...