Suggestions: Gaming Section Sub-Categories

Koby

Don't see strategy being a lower category sir... as that is really a wide section to cover...

would say FPS, RPG are good, maybe platformers? and others? genre seems to be a good method.

as far as the consoles getting mixed up might point out a lot of times the games are different depending on consoles anyways. for instance soul caliber 2 or 3 depending on console had different commands, characters, some of the fights I think were different.

So, from what I gather:

Action/Adventure, FPS/3PS, RPG, Strategy, MMO

All others go in the main gaming category. We can have a pinned topic there that lists various topics in the various sub-categories that Kametsu gamers want to get together and play, etc?

Any category you think we need that I didn't mention, or any category I mentioned that you think we don't need? Have idea's for naming, or descriptions for said categories? Post your thoughts and ideas. Is 3PS the correct abbreviation? Probably not... Just rename category to Shooters?

How about a sub-forum of MMO for F2P (Free to Play) & Private Servers?

Actually do you think we even really need categories at all at this point?

I don't know how much mileage an MMO subforum will get, but that looks good otherwise. 3PS is a hilarious abbreviation and it should be used by everyone.

As far as whether the subfora are necessary or not, it doesn't matter much to me. Definitely want to stay away from having too many, haha. We can certainly do without them, though--a lot of fora do. It makes trawling through the archives a bit of a pain when there's six categories with over 20k threads in each, but making sure people use descriptive topic titles and/or utilise the tag system would make things a lot easier when searching/browsing.

in truth I don't think they are necessary, it would just make the place a bit more organised. But adding a section for online play (not just mmo, but somewhere folks can discuss playing online games in any sense) might be good. It would certainly make it easier for the people that want to play with kametsu members. But I'm used to getting my suggestions ignored so no worries.

As to 3ps, I do believe it is normally abbreviated to TPS but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Honestly you could have a subforum of "clan kametsu" since i keep seeing the various mmos getting their own clan/guild/team kametsu such as gw2 has Guild Kametsu, KMTS.

The thing I see happening with our current categories is while cool I have learned more about some interesting sounding rpgs, a lot of topics keep popping up and up that are not one of thos four games. I for one might post a question about an issue I am having in a game, and hope it does not get sent to the bottom of the list.

While I think that categories help and hurt at times it would make it easier for people to talk about their particular genre if it was split up.

I think the MMO section would get some suprising numbers of activity just from what I see people posting, however if you did make that one of the subforums, maybe pin a topic called clan Kametsu with what games are currently being represented?