Do you like music for the lyrics or the sound?

Ichiyasha

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like music for lyrics or sound?

• 4 weeks later...

Good lyrics are a bonus, but I rarely actually pay attention to lyrics. I mean, a song can sound well and truly terrible even if it had the most beautiful lyrics ever. The two main things that hook me with a song is the groove and the melody. Much of the music I listen to is foreign, and so I don't understand what the hell the singers are going on about 99 percent of the time, but it appeals to me if it has a solid groove and a nice/catchy melody. I personally think they're the two most important aspects of a song. Well... and the mood, of course!

Edited by The Welsh Paddy

Most music I listen to it is the combination of music and lyrics that make a song awesome! A good set of lyrics mixed well with the music can make an unbeatable song. Then you have Anime OST, just the music alone is awesome. So I would have to say the music more than the lyrics makes music special to me.

The physical attractiveness of the artist?

This made me laugh, because sometimes that's how it happens for me. Before I started listening to Steam Powered Giraffe, I had only seen gifs of them on Tumblr. And because The Spine is super attractive, I had to look them up, and it all went downhill from there. DON'T JUDGE ME I'M SHALLOW. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the lyrics can be ridiculous but if the artist has a great voice and the sound is awesome, chances are i'm going to like the song. but the difference between a great song and a good song is the meaning it has towards the listener and that is why the lyrics are so important. if it sounds good, people are going to listen to it, but if it sounds good and has meaning then it will become great.