When people only like one type of music...

some1liku

I have found a single rap song I like. I like jpop, and that is as close as I like to get to pop though I am sure I have heard pop songs I like, but I am an eletric lover, and I love most rock, but I will listen to almost anything.

What rap song is that id like to know >.>

But yeah I also listen too everything right now my fav is prob electro n stuff like every subgenre including dubstep, trance, house,drum step, dnb, edm etc. but I also love rock, rap and also some mainstream music I can't really identify I've even listened to scream-o x) yeah everything I even had a GaGa phase i loved poker face lol

Edited by some1liku

Lady Gaga is fun to listen to. Paper Gangsta is one of my favourites from her.

I always think it's funny how people immediately react negatively to certain names like Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga, but they never listen to any of their songs and are unable to identify them except for the one or two hits. I've seen people inadvertently enjoy a Bieber song or two because they were like that, haha.

I have about 20 GB of music as well, though it used to be much larger when I was in high school. That was when I blithely pirated music in addition to actually buying CDs.

Almost everything I own now was distributed for free by the artists themselves. Notable exceptions include the almost 5 GB of Homestuck music, Girl Talk albums, an album from Hungry Lucy, and another from Leslie Hunt--I'm a huge fan of all of them, so I gladly paid up for some music. In the case of Hungry Lucy, I think it was for the chance to get the music first and you could name your own price, so I went ahead and paid maybe triple what they were asking. I think I paid asking price for Girl Talk and Leslie Hunt, though. Hungry Lucy and Leslie Hunt had distributed albums for free on Jamendo previously, so I didn't mind paying.

I have about 15gb of music, and it is widely spanned. I mainly listen to rock, but I have several types of music that I love. Whether it was because of on song or all of it. I used to really hate country, but then there where certain artist that came out and I loved there music. In fact, I am like that with many genres...I like only certain artist in that particular genre because there voice and lyrics stood out and drew me in.

• Like 1

I am kinda like that in a way, if someone tries to show me a new song I kinda shut it out and do not give it a chance. I prefer to find music my own way so it is rare when someone shows me a song that I will like it. My brother is also like that but once he decides he hates a song, no matter how good it may be he will just shut it out.

Is it because people tend to gloat when they show you something and you like it? People get that way about everything and it bugs the hell out of me. That's part of the reason why it's hard for me to really get into any really popular books or movies because there's always that one person waiting for me to say I liked it so they can screech, "I TOLD YOU SO!" Like it's so fulfilling that someone likes something you like too. I can't even really enjoy old movies because people get all offended that I haven't seen them and they're waiting at the edge of their seat for me to say I liked it so they can rub it in my face.

Which is funny, because when someone hates something I hate, then we're like best bros. No angst over who hated it first. Hatred brings people closer together than love, lul.

any1 else ever get annoyed when people refuse to listen to any other types of music because they think w/e they listen to is the best and only thing worth listening to?

I'm sure ever1 knows at least when person like this is it not Infuriating? or is it just me?

OH MY GOD. Don't get me started. I think people are insane. I think all music is great and there's something good in each kind. It sucks people are not open minded and only listen to pop and rap these days. -_-

I'm not certain that for everyone it's a matter of being closed-minded. It's definitely easier to just listen to pop and rap since it seems to comes on automagically when you turn on the radio. Some people just don't want to hunt down new artists, and I don't entirely blame them. It can be a hassle to dig through a bunch of music to find something that clicks with your internal system--I can easily spend hours on Jamendo searching for music and still come up with nothing.

Granted, I'm a bit more discriminating in what I plop into my collection, though not by much. If it's officially released on the Homestuck Bandcamp, it could be someone farting into the microphone for five hours with the occasional HONK interspersed and I'd still download it. That's called an addiction and it's a dangerous thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's more enjoyable listening different genres and not just 1 thing, but when people think like that, the bands are trying to change as well and I think it's bad and sad (that's what I think anyway) when a band tries to change their *genre*. Like Linkin Park for example.

:unhappy:

Edited by Mr.Z