Voice your thoughts on what features you'd like to see.

Koby

Not gonna lie. I miss the CB a bit. Mostly because it was really convenient to only need to open one thing, and it glitched out often enough that I had to refresh the page, and then I'd find out that someone replied to a post, and I could rush off to read that reply, and decide if it was worth replying to or not.

I know that it's not entirely in the spirit of forum usage, but I tend to only reply when I actually have something to say... Which is why I'm almost never in the games area, and avoid the specific anime sections.

Anyway.. My suggestions still stand, make it possible for a normal user to edit their user title (Not going to spam up 500 posts, and that's the only way it will happen any time soon) perhaps with a limit on the number of times per month so people aren't changing it every day... And bring back the old private group forum things.

• Like 1

There's one thing that was on the old forum that has dissapeared, it's the automatic resizing of images, and that's usually very useful for people with small screens (and maybe smartphones ?).

Also, the uploader group lost the power to see the staff section in the change, is it on purpose or just that the groups didn't entirely get coverted ?

Ah and also, since now anyone can edit their own titles, it may become an issue for the download indexes with the new naming convention. I just tested and the old name works, but I'm not sure for how much time it'll work and for how many title changes. I'm not sure if you can do anything about it though.

Edited by dark4yoyo

For the people asking to edit statuses for grammatical errors, you could just let them go and just add the correction as a comment. I do it on Facebook all the time. Granted, half the time those corrections come an hour later after someone has commented, not on the error, but the status itself.

I looked it up briefly and saw it was a feature present on previous iterations of IPB, but was removed due to the way statuses are now stored on the database. I think adding that kind of feature would have to entail some sort of notification someone edited it like on posts, which would either add to the status itself or an automatically added comment.

ETA: I don't think staff groups have had their permissions edited yet. The graphics team don't have full moderation ability over the graphics area. I think Koby might be holding off until he gets everything sorted out.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

I guess I could see where you are coming from. It wasn't an need for the ability to be able to correct statuses without just adding another comment, but it would have been nice. Some people might find it annoying to have more than one comment from the same person who is just correcting there previous comment, then again they could just delete it and re-post but by then someone may comment on the other comment that was just removed. The argument can pretty much just go back and forth on this.

Haha, yes, it can be annoying to see three notifications in a row for a comment on a status update when there's ostensibly only one comment posted. Granted, I logged on and had 50 notifications waiting for me, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me whether someone comments five times in a row or adds and deletes their comments five times in a row.

I just think having the "Edited By" feature is important for whenever staff edits something on someone else's status--makes it easier on the user to know their things have been changed and who to talk to about it if we don't leave a comment or PM about what we changed. I haven't seen a need for staff to moderate statuses yet, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of it happening. The only issue would be what kind of coding it would require if there aren't any plug-ins floating around to allow that kind of functionality.

I just think having the "Edited By" feature is important for whenever staff edits something on someone else's status--makes it easier on the user to know their things have been changed and who to talk to about it if we don't leave a comment or PM about what we changed. I haven't seen a need for staff to moderate statuses yet, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of it happening. The only issue would be what kind of coding it would require if there aren't any plug-ins floating around to allow that kind of functionality.

Yes, I agree as well. The possibility of needing it could very well come to be. Thou, I understand the issue with the coding. I guess, it would be something that Koby would need to look into if he decided to use this feature.

I believe someone was talking about the same thing somewhere, it takes hours of coding to implement that while only a few seconds to delete copy and paste edited repost. So in short, Koby get your ass moving and start coding!! LOLs, but seriously in my opinion might be better to leave as it is.

Oh on another note, if anyone is good at Java or AJAX you should sign up and be a code the edit system into the comment status for free. It's for the "greater good" hahahaha.

Edited by Ang3lofDarkness

Not gonna lie. I miss the CB a bit. Mostly because it was really convenient to only need to open one thing, and it glitched out often enough that I had to refresh the page, and then I'd find out that someone replied to a post, and I could rush off to read that reply, and decide if it was worth replying to or not.

I know that it's not entirely in the spirit of forum usage, but I tend to only reply when I actually have something to say... Which is why I'm almost never in the games area, and avoid the specific anime sections.

Anyway.. My suggestions still stand, make it possible for a normal user to edit their user title (Not going to spam up 500 posts, and that's the only way it will happen any time soon) perhaps with a limit on the number of times per month so people aren't changing it every day... And bring back the old private group forum things.

gotta agree with mute on this one. The cb had its problems, but with most of the regulars either gone, or not using IRC (which I can understand, i mean there is some really wierd characters on there, and not good wierd) I've lost touch with alot of them. I was an advocate for its removal from the beginning but I miss the thing...lmao. The zanyness isn't present on the IRC...T.T

Groups, defo. They may have been dead at times, but they did help to set up XBL games for instance, and the Man's Room was awesome while it lasted...

After initially removing the Chatbox, activity on the forum more than doubled.

Then we had the file host fiasco in January, where our entire download section pretty much was dead, which resulted in a lot of people leaving, or even perhaps giving up on downloading, then we've had like 3 crashes this year, each resulting in at least a couple days to a couple weeks of downtime... two of which resulted in restoring with an old back up (the first time was only a week lost, this time it was May 15th-July 4th lost)... so all that together has really taken a toll on the community activity this year. We've went from nearly 700 people logging in each day to a little under 300 (was around 500 before the last crash we had). During the last crash we lost nearly 2000 member accounts and like 23,000 posts or so...

Stuff like that really ticks some people off. However despite users decreasing, the actual activity of posts have been fairly steady and it's still better than the days when the Chatbox was around.

The only thing the Chatbox amounted to was creating hostility, drama, and taking away activity from the forum. It was nearly a daily occurrence that someone would do something to piss everyone off in the CB. Hell, at least 1/4th of our non-spam banned members were banned because of shit that happened only in the Chatbox. Then the regulars would behave like assholes and attack any non-regular who tried to say something in the Chatbox.. it just became a mess and that's not something I want to bring back (on top of the extra load and cost it'll take to bring back). The forum has been a lot less stressful and a lot more helpful since the Chatbox was removed.

This is what Koby said earlier about the CB. I would have to agree with him. Besides we have the IRC Channel to go chat in. I have been on many sites (visiting only) and they were horrible...the conversations on the chatbox was really horrible. It made me not want to stay at the site. In fact, the reasons I chose this site was because the stress of the chatbox was not there and it held mamy of my interests.

This is what Koby said earlier about the CB. I would have to agree with him. Besides we have the IRC Channel to go chat in. I have been on many sites (visiting only) and they were horrible...the conversations on the chatbox was really horrible. It made me not want to stay at the site. In fact, the reasons I chose this site was because the stress of the chatbox was not there and it held mamy of my interests.

Eh? Twas a statement, not a ploy to bring it back. I said I missed it cause of the people (the good people) that frequented it. Again, the IRC isn't the same but I still use it when I get the chance(and I feel like im one of the few cb regs that does...). Also, all the sites I've been on with chatboxes aren't anything like what the cb was like here. It was mostly zany. There was more good than bad, but the bad was BAD.

Again, I was one of the first to agree with its removal, so I don't really see why you parroted Koby's post.... but meh.

But still....groups would be nice... XP

I really would like to be able to post more videos per post. It limits you at 2. Why the limit? I see that you have fixed it where you can't double post, which is good, but can yall remove the limit?

I mainly kept it so low because of this:
Too many media files embedded on one page can potentially crash the browser.

Even at 2 per post, that's potentially 40 videos per page if all 20 posts have 2. However I can see how this might be a drag.

I've increased it to 15 per post. Let me know if this causes any issues.

I've also fixed the permissions of Upload Mod (Sicka), and GFX Team members (Apollo, Poe).

As for closing polls without closing threads... seems that mod isn't compatible and is still in development as mentioned July 16th:

http://community.inv...-only-poll-100/

• Like 1

Thanks a ton Koby. I was able to put them all up. The reason I couldn't add more, was it wouldn't let me add another post until someone else commented. Whatever you did fixed that too. I ended up just spreading them out over the other posts I had made in the mean time. Thanks again, that was amazingly fast. There was only 18 reviews that were made by this Author, and they made me laugh my A** off. Thanks again.

Thanks a ton Koby. I was able to put them all up. The reason I couldn't add more, was it wouldn't let me add another post until someone else commented. Whatever you did fixed that too. I ended up just spreading them out over the other posts I had made in the mean time. Thanks again, that was amazingly fast. There was only 18 reviews that were made by this Author, and they made me laugh my A** off. Thanks again.

The double post prevention is set to only stop it if the last post was done within 5 minutes of the time you try to make another post.

• Nekone locked this topic