Voice your thoughts on what features you'd like to see.

Koby

I don't want to put words in Koby's mouth, but we have irc. While irc may be less convenient to set up, it does also have the ability to give you access to high speed anime downloads (and we have tuts that'll teach you how to do that too). I wonder if there's a way we could integrate like an iframe into the top of the site with access to a web-based irc client.

Well, personally speaking, and this is just me ... *whisper* I think the IRC hates me.

And I hate it right back. Can never get the damn thing to work right. And when it does work, no one's around. Compared to the time when you could just log in to the forums and jump into the middle of a crazy convo about fried unicorns, I think I'll always prefer the good ole chatbox.

Truth be told, the only reason I remember for it being shut down was cuz things used to get really heated up and as a result, even the good natured fellows ended up not being able to use it.

In retrospect, it HAS caused the posts per user to go up, since that's the only way I ever accept to utilize the forums anymore.

An integrated kind of IRC would work fine for me as well, provided i wouldn't have to make an account and learn about the hash tags and shit. No offence to the IRC guys. Your stuff works great for those downloads and stuff but the chatbox was just a place to y'know, chat and I'd like to do that again with some of the regulars - Rune, Dan, Shazi, Renny, MP, poetic, idl and the rest.

Chatbox will not be coming back, ever.

Anras, Mute, and poe are on IRC a lot. Ren gets on sometimes, Dan is never around even the forum, and I dunno what happened to idl.

I'm logged into IRC 24/7 pretty much, even when I'm not actually on the PC. However every time I feel up to chatting there is always a lot of discussions going on. You must simply be joining at the wrong times, or you simply don't even bother talking to get a conversation started yet want to whine because no one started one for you. -_-

After months of searching I found Kamestu Forums. It was all I could ever dream of for anime DL's. And once again, Some mental giant took something simple and easy to use and made this crap out of it. I'm dissappointed to say the least. Guess its time to move on again. Maybe I will go back to torrents... Sorry Kamestu... You were awesome once. Now... Gone for good.

To Everyone that worked so hard to bring thier encodes and uploads to the masses... Thankyou so much For what you did. Not once... but so many times, even after the recent problems that wiped out almost everything uploaded. You still came back strong and put forth everything to the masses! And now once again, its all changed and re-arranged and gone. Some times simple is better... keep your cool look and pretty colors.. just bring back all that was here b4

I just can't fathom how you alienating members is a good thing for the forum.

What's wrong with the suggestion of reinstating the chatbox? Why is it such a taboo?

It's not alienating members. I can't help that some members want to downgrade (only 2 people so far has had anything to say about wanting the chatbox back). You've whined, complained, and moaned about the removal of the CB since the actual removal. No one else seems to care. Can't please everyone, but installing a Chatbox is m00t, when IRC is already better and established. There is absolutely no need for something inferior to be a duplicate. Also the chatbox by itself was using nearly 3x the resources of the rest of the forum combined because of it's need/use of constantly auto-refreshing via ajax to show new messages. If you want it back that bad then you're more than welcome to pay the additional 25 EUROs a month (at the current exchange rate that is $30.40) it'd cost to get the RAM required to support it efficiently.

After months of searching I found Kamestu Forums. It was all I could ever dream of for anime DL's. And once again, Some mental giant took something simple and easy to use and made this crap out of it. I'm dissappointed to say the least. Guess its time to move on again. Maybe I will go back to torrents... Sorry Kamestu... You were awesome once. Now... Gone for good.

To Everyone that worked so hard to bring thier encodes and uploads to the masses... Thankyou so much For what you did. Not once... but so many times, even after the recent problems that wiped out almost everything uploaded. You still came back strong and put forth everything to the masses! And now once again, its all changed and re-arranged and gone. Some times simple is better... keep your cool look and pretty colors.. just bring back all that was here b4

What are you even talking about? o.O FYI, All the downloads are still here same as always. Nothing on that side has changed, period.

We still offer everything via file hosts on the forum. It's just we also have separate, more reliable, and faster, downloads via IRC. If you don't like IRC, that's perfectly fine, as I stated nothing has changed forum-side. You can download same as you could have the past 6 years here, so I'm confused as to just what the heck you're whining about.

Also if you live in the USA, well torrents are pretty much, or will be, dead by the end of the year as all major ISP's will either be monitoring or blocking all torrent access. Only way around that is to purchase an offshore vps/dedi server and run a seedbox to grab torrents then download the files via ftp.

@Koby, do you think trying to embed a web based irc client into the forum page would work?

I already linked to http://webchat.xerti...hannels=Kametsu at the top of the page, which should suffice till I add it as an iframe to an actual page of the forum (once I install the mod to allow custom pages).

1st world pr

1st world problems

• Like 2

I believe he means that only someone in the 1st world (as in rich people) would make such a big deal out of this. Like people in the 3rd world are desperate for clean water, food etc, and he is bitching cos he thinks d/l his anime is too hard.

• Nekone locked this topic