Toy Story 4 and Finding Nemo 2

lolrawr

When this thread was started, I was pretty skeptical. I didn't know how they could, or why they should, continue either story. Both had great endings, and I thought they should be left alone.

I still feel that way about Toy Story. But now that Finding Dory has been confirmed, I'm really excited. Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Disney/Pixar movies (though all Disney/Pixar movies are my favorite, tbh), and I'm glad to see a sequel. I just hope that, like the Toy Story movies, the sequel is just as good as the original.

• 9 months later...

I don't think there should be another Toy Story. It's ended, doesn't need to come back - it ended on a great note with three great movies. No need for a 4th. unless they want to milk it, because I'm pretty sure it will make a hella lot of money even if it's rubbish.

It's like asking for another Back to the Future movie, when there is no point. There may be nostagia, but it was so good that I could supress that nostalgia by just watching the films again.

There is some sense in making a sequel to Finding Nemo, which is being made. Finding Dory (2016) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277860/

There is more sense for a second nemo, than a 4th toy story.

If and when a Toy Story 4 movie ever came out, my nephew would be simply ecstatic. As for the Finding Memo sequel -- "Finding Dory?" -- seems alright....but I didn't think that the movie merited a sequel....I guess Pixar are following the Disney formula where they decide to make lacklustre sequels to age old classics (at least in Disney's case, Pixar has proved that they can buck this mentality with admirable sequels).

Not just pixar, everyone seems to love making sequels now-a-days or even pointless reboots. I'm just saying that after watching the dreadful reboot for RoboCop, man it was terrible. I think the most pointless reboot was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - there was no need. As for sequels, it seems like every film wants to make a sequel even if the first film wasn't any good.

Anyway, back to Toy Story and Finding Nemo. I still have to say they should leave it be, well Toy Story. Finding Dory seems like the best way to go for a 'sequel' of the other film. At least it doesn't tamper too much with hope.

Actually... it is to answer a question left by the first movie, which was where is dory's family...

Toy story 3 pretty much had it wrapped up for an ending of the series... trilogy... namesake?  Which is why I am a bit... unnerved by the idea of TS4.

However the reason for taking so long to start a finding nemo 2 [dory] and incredibles 2, could be that the stories that are being thought of or submitted for those movies are being considered too sub-par. [which if it is the case I wish they were more like that for shrek 3+]

Edited by goofydude