Toy Story 4 and Finding Nemo 2

lolrawr

Wow. Just heard about this on Twitter. Apparently Pixar has green-lit Toy Story 4 and Finding Nemo 2 for production.

Source

My thoughts: Let me just say this sounds like a bad idea. I love Toy Story and Finding Nemo, but I think they need to stay as they were. Toy Story 3 had the perfect ending and I think any type of continuation can't live up to it. I've been noticing a trend. After TS3 their quality has declined. Cars 2 with a 57 on Metacritic and Brave with a 69. I hope they don't, but it sounds like they are taking the cow approach and are starting to milk their franchises. I mean I haven't even mentioned the new Monsters squeal. People milk stuff because they know it will sell. In the end though, it just becomes a disappointment to their true fans.

Source

Then again who knows, maybe I'm wrong and the three movies will be perfect. :D

Toy Story 3 pretty much ended it with Andy, and well there isn't much else to do besides start all over, and that's like just milking the cow.

As for Nemo... seriously how many times can one little fish get lost before his dad has heart attack from the panic attacks.

Pretty awesome news but I have no idea as to how they plan to continue Toy Story after the third movie and like Koby stated all they are doing now is milking the cow unless they come out with a story that blows our minds.

As for Finding Nemo 2 does not sound like a brilliant idea, the first one seemed like a one hit movie or something like that and as we have seen through most movie the sequel most of the time well at least to my knowledge never surpasses the the first movie.

So many movies coming out are sequels, prequels or remakes. In the current economy movie makers are not willing to take risks, they go with what worked before. It makes for declining quality movies, but I can't blame them. I expect Toy Story 4 and Finsing Nemo 2 will both be big hits in the box office.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they should of DEFINITELY been doing Finding Nemo 2. In fact, they should of done it a while ago. I've always thought a sequal to Bugs LIfe, Finding Nemo, and the Incredibles were necessary. ESPECIALLY THE INCREDIBLES. I mean dude they teased us with the Underminer but not make a video game? Not cool dude.

As for Toy Story 4, i'm a bit disappointed they are doing a next one. I mean, I love Toy Story, but unless they come up with a good plot with the girl the toys were given away to, I don't see it working and it'll fail. However, with the 3 Toy Stories they've done so far, they were all epic as hell, so i'm hoping they won't fuck this one up and cheap it out like lots of sequals these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Toy Story 3 provided a good overall ending for the toys. They are happily left to play with the young girl while Andy leaves for college. Thus, showing that there 'happy life of being played with' does not need to end when a kid (Andy) grows up.

In terms of where Toy Story 4 can go, there aren't many options availble.

If some other toys come along and create a conflict, then it wil be Toy Story 1 all over again.

If they have to go rescue someone from somewhere, then it wil be Toy Story 2 all over again.

If the little girl grows up (unless she's into keeping and playing with stuffed toys in her teens regardless of peer pressure), then it wil be Toy Story  3 all over again.

Thinking about it it is possible the movie could be centered around the little girl (Molly?) as a teenager where she is shunned by her peers and takes solace in playing with the only friends she has left, her toys. Then the toys realise that even though they are happy to be played with so much, that they are in part responsible for Molly's lack of interactions with other kids her age. Thus they must try to find/organise some way to get Molly to open up to the other kids and to get her accepted by them.

Now as for Finding Nemo 2, they can't make it anything to do with SEARCHING for someone or something because then it will just be a rip-off of number 1. Also, as per the title it must involve nemo some how.

One possiblity is that it could be titled "Finding Nemo (2)" in the metaphorical sense, in which case nemo will go on a coming-of-age journey to discover his place in the sea/world (and may involve the concept of him being 'crippled' due to his defect thin, and overcoming others perceptions of his crippledness). This could be titled "Finding Nemo 2: Nemo's Journey".

Alternatively it could be about his parents before he was born, thus "Finding Nemo 2: Marlin looks for Nemo's Mother so that they can eventually have Nemo". This would probably start with Marlin as the typical happy sinlgle bachelor fish who realises he has a loneliness that can only be filled by another and so he sets of to find a wife. He comedically meets and interacts (flirts) with Nemo's mother-to-be and then something BIG happens which causes the movie to go for another full hour before they finally get married. An example would be that Nemo's mother gets kidnapped by the minions of a god-father type fish (Codfather) who has a crush on Nemo's mom even though she doesn't like him back, and then Marlin must try to rescue her probably with the help of some notable undersea friends he encounters along the way.

Well, these my predictions of what teh movies might be like. Anyone else have some suggestions?

P.S. I don't mind Pixar and Disney making sequels to these kind of movies as long as they make them on par with the last movie they made in that line (i.e. Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...