Pacific Rim

Anras Rune

Maaaaan, I finally watched it a couple of weeks ago and was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I can’t even think of one thing I didn’t like about it, okay well maybe that the other Jaeger pilots didn’t get much screen time, I would have liked to have learned more about Cherno Alpha, like were they lovers or brother and sister? (I’m going with the latter myself)

Sheesh the more I think about it the more I wanna watch it again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister watched it and her son loves it too. When she got it for him as a Christmas present he kept yelling "HOLY COW HOLY COW HOLY COW" and running all over the house. I was probably the only one in my family that didn't see it, so I watched it with them and

HOLY COW HOLY COW HOLY COW =v =||l

Might be an overreaction but it's definitely awesome! I just wish I could have the chance to watch it in 3D like my sister's family did.

As a longtime kaiju fan, I loved seeing this movie. I can't wait for the sequel; if anything, there might even be a crossover with Godzilla in the future, but nothing is set in stone. 

I really want a sequel, apparently it didn't do to well stateside but the international market loved it and a new one is now very much a possibility thanks to the rest of the world enjoying it. It was very smart for Del torro to not do the USA save's the world again theme and make it more of an international effort to save the world movie. I think doing that gave the film a much better chance, IMO.

I think I'm the only one here that thought it was overrated.

The dialogue was so cheesy. Some of the acting was a bit iffy. The story seemed broken.

It seemed so full of clichés that clichés would find it so cliché.

Regardless, I did find it entertaining... so they may have hit me on that mark (that was probably their intention).

As a film generally... I would give it 4.7/10. I don't know how it got a 7.2 on IMDB.

I can feel the hate coming.

Okay, really, how the heck does Pacific Rim rip off Transformers? How?! Aside from the whole giant robots premise, what similarities do either films have?

I agree with this, other than giant robots being involved there isn't much else the two have in common. If anything I would say the Pacific Rim is actually more original in its execution and Transformers kinda plays it safe. 

Edited by reizerozero