Pacific Rim

Anras Rune

Well, I almost had a nerdgasm today when reading ign. Del Toro seems to have begun a project many people have been wanting for years; a true anime inspired mecha film!
/>http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/comic-con-pacific-rim-brings-giant-monsters-and-robots

the below explains what we know so far, but by god does it sound brilliant! Del Toro has always been one of my favourite directors, but if he does this right he will be my favourite. All i need now is a trailer...

• 4 months later...

Okay, seriously. Is anyone here looking forwards to this film as much as I am?! :o

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes -- a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) -- who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

I swear, I have literally been waiting my entire life for something like this. I mean, my favourite cartoons as a child were the likes of Battle of The Planets, and Transformers, and I am a huge fan of classic Kaiju movies (You know, like Godzilla vs. *insert giant monster here*) and my favourite run of comics was Marvel's Shogun Warriors, which was based off Gaiking. This film seems to take elements from all of those and rolls them into one fantastic looking film!

• Like 1

All of those films you mentioned (Well, that's if you're refering to the Godzilla film that was set in New York) are terrible. :P This film is definitely much more reminiscent of the classic Japanese Kaiju movies, crossed with 70's sci-fi. Even the suits are somewhat similar to those that were worn in Shogun Warriors, Battle of The Planets and various other 'toons that involve giant mechs!

Usually, I tend to reserve judgement on films and not let myself get too excited, but this... I've never felt so excited about a film my entire life. Del Toro is a fantastic director, and while this sort of film is something new and different from him, I have much faith in him pulling this off really well. Idris Elba is in it too, and he's a fantastic actor.

I've watched this trailer a dozen times already and it still makes me feel all giddy.

One of the robots does that awesome rocket punch thing!

I guess we have different taste in movies lol, though I will admit Battle Los Angeles did suck, I liked the other 2 though but I haven't watched Godzilla again since I was a kid so who knows lol. Anyway not the point, everyone gets their own opinion even if they are stupid ones :P jkz. The movie is definitely one I'll check out, not really excited about it though lol

• Like 1

http://forums.kamets...im/#entry287593

Beat you to posting it. :P Although, I got confused when the thread was merged. I hadn't noticed you already made one for the film. xD

Rune...

DID YOU SEE THAT MECH ROCKET PUNCH THAT MONSTER IN THE FACE?! Man that was the coolest thing ever!

oh god you have no idea! DAT PUNCH!! I really cannot wait for this movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...