Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Dark_Angel13

X360, because load times.

Besides the TES games, I can't really think of any major differences in load times.

And, even then, Skyrim got patched.

-Though, IMO, TES games on console is almost gaming heresy.

:P

I prefer my PS3 because of the EXCLUSIVES.

Most 360 'exclusives' I like are also on PC, so I don't really 'count' them.

Besides the TES games, I can't really think of any major differences in load times.

Nearly any game if you look at comparison videos or look up specifically loading comparison videos.

Assuming you didn't upgrade your PS3 HDD to one of those fancy faster ones the loading times are awful.

Is this something that's been tested, or what?

Maybe because I upgraded my PS3's HDD to a 500GB I never had those issues.

Nearly any game if you look at comparison videos or look up specifically loading comparison videos.

Assuming you didn't upgrade your PS3 HDD to one of those fancy faster ones the loading times are awful.

Not counting the instalation, my games usualy load fast, the only times they don't is when there is a power surge all over the house.

Is this something that's been tested, or what?

Maybe because I upgraded my PS3's HDD to a 500GB I never had those issues.

Size doesn't matter, the type does. SSD are the "fancy" ones I was talking about and those are expensive as shit.

Here's a video showing load differences:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpiZ44GyYU

First one shows loading is twice as fast, some of the others it's just buy a couple or few seconds and New Vegas is nearly triple. Not shown in the video is that some games aren't really effected loading time-wise and some games will actually get a performance boost, an example of a game is Skyrim which is notorious for running bad on the PS3 gets a huge in-game performance buff making the experience nearly smooth as butter.

Good choice in HDD size though, same as i have. Anything over 500 is bad because the Fat32 system format which the PS3 uses gets wonky beyond 512GB (I think that's the number?) because that format was never meant to go that high because it's really old.

Not counting the instalation, my games usualy load fast, the only times they don't is when there is a power surge all over the house.

You're just saying "they load fast" but what I'm saying is "in comparison to" which are two different things. Driving to the store and buying a CD might be fast, but me downloading it in ten minutes is faster.

Edited by Notoffensive

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The Xbox 360 by a mile. Despite the RROD reports, my original console only started having the issue about three years ago, and by then it was at least a decade old. I've always preferred the aesthetic design of the console to Sony's offering, the controller was super comfortable and in my opinion one of the finest controllers on the market, and the 360 has a truly great library of exclusives--many of which aren't even available on PC. It's probably going to be the only Microsoft console I can say that about. Yeah, as far as non-Nintendo consoles, the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 2 are the only ones to hold up. The PS3 has some interesting exclusives, but nothing killer.