Ps3 or Xbox 360?

Dark_Angel13

I saw a topic that was covering what do people play but I didn't see one that was about why people choose to play those consoles and why that is so here's one now :)

Majority of us either own a Ps3 or an Xbox 360, for some it's just what we went out and got first without thinking, we just jumped on it and went WOOO GAMING! If that's what you did then feel free to say that, hopefully in a less lame way then I just did lol.

Basically this topic is this:

1. Tell us which console you've got

2. Tell us why you chose to get that console, was it for a specific game or do you like the ps3 better etc

3. List of your favourite games if you want to, this one's optional

Clearly there's gonna be some controversy over why Ps3 is better than Xbox 360 and vice versa which is NOT what this topic is for, it's just for you to explain why you got what you've got. If you want to argue about graphics etc then do it elsewhere, I don't mind comments on other peoples posts but nothing that's gonna start an argument and don't just simple yell Xbox ftw.

Wow I put down a lot of rules for my topics, anywayz let's see what you've all got and why you got it. This is mine to give you an example of what to do:

Console: Ps3

Why I got that: I grew up with the classic Ps1, playing bugs life and army men games lol then I moved onto the ps2, Jak games FTW! So for me it was just simply the next step and the controller is more comfortable for me. Don't get me wrong on this, xbox I will admit has it's slight charm and I can still pick up an xbox controller and kick some ass in any game I come across but I also think that ps3 has better graphics and sometimes better games, the Killzone series for example.

I also own a psp lol, so anything sony I seem to get lol. Although my ps3 is one of the older 80gb models, so I seem to be constantly deleting games off it in place for new ones so I'll soon be upgrading to one with a larger memory capacity.

Well there's mine and you all know what to do now so go ahead and do it :)

I bought an xbox 360 about 5 years ago. I chose xbox 360 at the time because the PS3 was ridiculously expensive. I sold my 360 again a year or so ago.

If I were to buy a console now I would definatley go for a PS3, just because PSN is free and you have to pay for xbox live. Both consoles are nice and cheap these days :)

I have both and to be honest i mainly game on my 360 but this is because most of my friends own 360's which makes sense for multiplayer plus the online is slightly better in my opinion and (although not quite so much anymore) there were more exclusives games for the 360 even though most of my favourite games on this generation have either been on ps3 e.g MGS4 or both consoles e.g Mass Effect 2 . However i do find the ps3 the far superior machine in terms of graphics and media playback.

P.S anyone else who owns both consoles do you have really long downloads on the PS3 compared to the 360?

Edited by renovalentine

I have both and to be honest i mainly game on my 360 but this is because most of my friends own 360's which makes sense for multiplayer plus the online is slightly better in my opinion and (although not quite so much anymore) there were more exclusives games for the 360 even though most of my favourite games on this generation have either been on ps3 e.g MGS4 or both consoles e.g Mass Effect 2 . However i do find the ps3 the far superior machine in terms of graphics and media playback.

P.S anyone else who owns both consoles do you have really long downloads on the PS3 compared to the 360?

I don't own a Xbox 360 but my brother does and I have seen him download several things. Owning a ps3 myself I have that experience there and I have to say that yes ps3 does seem to have longer download times, especially if it is a large download, I once had to wait 4 hours for something to download for my ps3

Edited by Dark_Angel13

xbox360 for my netflix. tbh i only game on pc

Yeah, I watch a lot of Netflix and Hulu on my xbox, my brother on the hand puts the hours on his PS3 through Netflix/Hulu as well.

PS3 for me. Better exclusives and free multiplayer. Yes gold membership is cheap but hell ... i hate the idea to pay monthly fees if want to play online a game that i already bought once ...

Better Exclusives, That's it. Can anyone say "Demon Souls?" Thats the kind of exclusives I'm talking about, not the "Oh, rumour has it that FFXIII-Type Zero" Blah blah blah is going to be exclusive to PS3. Because we all know in the end they're going to pull a "Lets make it for X360 too now."

Shrugs, never really noticed the different download speeds, could possibly be the difference between networks.

See; Microsoft may be charging for online membership, but some of that money goes towards further developing the network to accomodate ALL players for multiple purposes (Access to Media, Downloads, Multiplayer, etc).

Sony doesn't have that extra money because of their free online features, (Which trys to bolster its sales through those Sony Network Pts Cards used for purchases, none more different than Xbox Live Points). Xbox in my opinion doesn't have too many exclusives, but iconic franchises like Halo are really the only games I look for when I think "Xbox"

Overall, as renovalentine mentioned; most of my friends game on Xbox. I'm not hating on my PS3 or anything, but there's no real major point to actively play on a console that none of my friends have. I mean my friends come over and go "Wow, you've got both a Xbox and PS3?" And I'm like "Yeah, but I don't play on the PS3 often cause you guys only have Xbox."

Also noticed how The Wii Isn't involved in this discussion. I happen to own a Wii too; though it is often sitting through my neglect since there are not too many games coming out for it that ever catch my attention. The last game that caught my attention was either Monster Hunter Tri, or RE:The Darkside Chronicles. Shame, the virtual console would pretty much be the only reason why I would go back to playing Wii. I would shell out some serious cash to play some of my older NES/SNES/Saturn/Gameboy/GC memories.

Edited by Kasoivc

- Xbox 360 (2005)

- Cheaper + I Love'd Playing Halo CE & 2 at a friends house

- Favorite game's/franschises on the 360

Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport, Fable, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Blazblue, Soul Calibur, Darksiders, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Battlefield, Condemned, Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls, Brutal Legend, Rainbow Six Vegas, Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row, Lost Planet, F.E.A.R., The Darkness, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Condemned, Alien vs Predator, Duke Nukem =).

but now a days I'm playing more on my PC

Edited by Lord0Link

PS3

Grew up with having a PS1 then eventually had a PS2. Plus I liked how the PS3 was free to be able to play online rather then the subscription you gotta deal with on the 360. Played both consoles but choose the PS3 in the long run.

Games - Well it's DBZ and I liked the concept of Mag. Mostly now its DBZ UT, GRFS, BF3 and rarely MW3 nowadays.

Someone mentioned that the wii wasn't included in this before, there's a reason for that...The wii is well...nothing in comparison to X360 or PS3, it has barely any games and it's only decent feature is how interactive it is and even then the two systems I mentioned earlier now have the same thing, so the wii sucks compared to these two...I'm not saying I hate the wii, it's a good system, it just needs work and A LOT more games to choose from.

I only have a ps3, and I'm quite happy with it, even though I use it only for games that aren't on PC. It's actually my first games console, because I've never had a TV at home. It actually work on a 1080p projector.

I like the fact that it's a bluray reader, and that games that fit on one bluray on a ps3 might need something like 3 DVD's on a XBOX360 (FFXIII). Also, obviously the online is free so that is definatly a good point.

There is one thing I regret from the XBOX36O, it's the Halo franchise.

Edited by dark4yoyo

Xbox 360. Simply because I previously had an Xbox, and I wanted to get Halo 3 because I had 1 and 2. I wasn't sure whether to instead get a Wii (never considered Ps3 lol) , but I'm glad with the choice I made because of all the awesome games, like Gears of War, Halo, Assassins Creed, Prototype etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox 360, the controller is much more user friendly, the ps3 controllers are flimsy and small.

Halo and Gears of War, nuff said

I'd have to disagree that the X360 controller is more user friendly but if its what you're used to then it would be. The ps3 controllers are not flimsy, I have dropped mine A LOT of times and it can take some damage clearly, it's small because it's still like the ps1 and ps2 controllers, they kept the design and I love that they did.

P.S Gears of War was okay but the only decent halo's were 1 and 2, the rest are shit, nuff said =)

I own a X-Box 360.

I choose the X-box over the PS because I use to play nintendo and for one christmas my dad bought me a nintendo gamecube and for himself he got a x-box. So haveing an x-box console grew on me. Though at one time I bought a PS2 just so I could play the many DBZ games it had and it was well worth the buy. Sadly I sold my PS2 and now I have my eyes set on a PS3 for it's set of exclusive games such as Bleach: Soul Ignition.

My favourite X-box games go into the Halo Series, The WWE SvR series and the little arcade gems such as Trials HD and castle crashers. I could sit here all day nameing my favourite games but I shall end on those.