Groups list

McLEMUR

Well, there's also Validating, Banned, Donator, Administrators, Super Moderators, Service Crew, Co-Admins, Graphics Team, and Upload Mod. I think we also have a group for just Moderators, but there aren't any at the moment.

I don't know what you mean by pictures unless you're talking about the little user bars under the avatar--there's nothing special about them. They're just different colours.

Why do you ask?

Well i was curios about different groups like more elite ones or something like that, cause on different forums they have a ton of different ones and funny ones too like for special achievements or something like that

I thought it would be fun to add something like that to this forum while technicians still working and not slacking off. U know like for submitting banners getting some tag saying 'Winner of June', or adding 500+ anime in MAL getting a title 'Otaku' or some fun stuff like that or like exploring forum more deeply and getting 'Explorer'. Like achievements in games like in Steam. and if u have a bunch of already opened ones u could chose them from Achievement page or something like that. This groups don't have to be permanent ether to make sure people stay online

ps it is more fun and it can get more people involved more deeply

Edited by mclemup

That seems like way too much work for the already overworked staff imo.

that is true, but would it not be good to have some thing like that? i personally find things like getting different achievements fun. and i'm pretty sure that system like that could keep more people online hunting for small rewards like colored name tag or interesting group banner.

ps. but once staff relaxes they not gonna move a muscle for a good 6 or more months, trust me on that, i know from personal experience

Edited by McLEMUR

haha that's true i'm not gonna argue on that, but they did accomplish complete remodeling of forum and adding xdcc at same time and keeping an eye on spammers in pretty short time, so that could be like a side project or something they could do in spare time

ps and if staff need help with graphics or ideas they could always ask Graphics division for help

Edited by McLEMUR

Oh do you mean like for example when you have X posts you are put into a group. Every time you hit a posting milestone you have a little title. I've seen that before on a couple of sites. Pretty neat.

exactly! that what i meant, and not only milestone titles, but some fun ones too like 'Anime/Manga Maniac' or 'Bookworm' or 'Otaku' etc

The people who run the IRC channel are not the exact same people who run the forum. I never go to the channel; some of the people who use IRC rarely visit the forum.

The forum remodel and software upgrade was done (almost?) entirely by Koby.

What you're asking for is what people were asking about in the forum superlatives. That is up to Koby. We can only do what is within our capabilities and what people are interested in. Adding extra user groups seems unnecessary.

ps. but once staff relaxes they not gonna move a muscle for a good 6 or more months, trust me on that, i know from personal experience

I resent that. I actively post, answer questions, and clean up threads. The backlog of material I have to work with is nigh endless. Not moving a muscle for six months is impossible if you want to actually keep your position as staff.

The people who run the IRC channel are not the exact same people who run the forum. I never go to the channel; some of the people who use IRC rarely visit the forum.

The forum remodel and software upgrade was done (almost?) entirely by Koby.

What you're asking for is what people were asking about in the forum superlatives. That is up to Koby. We can only do what is within our capabilities and what people are interested in. Adding extra user groups seems unnecessary.

I resent that. I actively post, answer questions, and clean up threads. The backlog of material I have to work with is nigh endless. Not moving a muscle for six months is impossible if you want to actually keep your position as staff.

well yeah i understand where u are coming from. i didn't point at u per say, but some(not all) people who get some rights to edit after some time give up on their positions.

and i didn't say make it now, i said to have it as a side project, and as for usefulness - systems like that CAN keep people online and interested and more involved.

why do u think games have achievements and what do u say about people who spent days and nights in order to gain those achievements, just for the simple reason they can?

Edited by McLEMUR

I am not denying that people can be achievement hunters and made no indication one way or another in my post regarding that. All I said was adding extra user groups beyond what we have now--Crusader, Crusader +, &c--seems unnecessary.

Adding achievements and badges for the achievements lies in Koby's hands and what mods he wants to install. Beyond that, what we have now are the superlatives. You can suggest categories and "achievements" in that thread for the time being.

Sure i understand. now all whats left is to get Koby to look at this threat.

i suggested it cause i thought it would add more 'excitement' and after all its all about having fun, right?

ps i recently came across gaming blog with similar system, i looked up their stats and was surprised, they got more people to visit. and now that blog has that system as one of selling points.

Edited by McLEMUR

We have usertitles that change depending on post count, but people can enter custom titles for themselves and they stop getting the ones set. Those include Moppet, etc.. We have like 12, and they go up to 1100 posts. If you want to come up with more, I might add them.

Maybe the forum needs an extra mod or two to help ease the workload.

Maybe the forum needs an extra mod or two to help ease the workload.

Easier said than done. We had like 3 additional Super Mods this time last year. Unfortunately finding people who know what they're doing and can be trusted not to abuse their power is hard to come by. The 5-6 people I've contacted in the past several months to fill the positions turned the offer down. That's usually how it is. Those that want the position badly are usually not fit for the job and those fit for it usually don't want it.

Koby,

I would love to help you and the others out in some way. I'm on here so much as is...LOL! If there is anyway I may be able to help out on this forum, just let me know. I don't have much to do in real life. I'm also a quick learner. Ask me to if you feel I'm worthy to. Just so you know, I've never offered my services to a site and I don't do so lightly now. Just think it over.

P.S. What did you think of the icons me and lolrawr made?

Koby,

I would love to help you and the others out in some way. I'm on here so much as is...LOL! If there is anyway I may be able to help out on this forum, just let me know. I don't have much to do in real life. I'm also a quick learner. Ask me to if you feel I'm worthy to. Just so you know, I've never offered my services to a site and I don't do so lightly now. Just think it over.

P.S. What did you think of the icons me and lolrawr made?

Not to pop any ~dreams of being staff~ but it's been proven time and time again that if you actually ask for a staff position you usually won't get it. If you want to be on staff so much why don't you be useful on the boards instead of just continually ask for a staff position?

Edited by Loki

Not to pop any ~dreams of being staff~ but it's been proven time and time again that if you actually ask for a staff position you usually won't get it. If you want to be on staff so much why don't you be useful on the boards instead of just continually ask for a staff position?

You know there is no reason to come off that harsh. If she wants to put her name in the hat that is her choice, and if Koby want her help that is also his choice.There is no reason for negative comments. You might want to be a little more considerate when making remarks like that. A harsh word never helps accomplish anything.

• Like 2