Forum Superlatives!

It'll be run the same way it was last time--people just fill out the form and post it in the thread. After some time, I tally up the votes and post the results. Then I bleed from my fingers.

Anyone is eligible to vote and be nominated.

ok, never new it was going on last time, that is why I was asking. Thanks

I to was not around when this used to go on, but I wasn't about to ask. I just hoped someone else would, or just figure it out for myself when the time came. LOL

Haha, that's okay. Everything is going to be run from the Broadcast Station just like last time, so you don't have to go looking for it. It'll likely be the first post you'll see unless another announcement is lodged.

Expect to see the thread up on the first. I'll probably leave it open for about three weeks and have results back before the end of the month. Then it'll be October and we can have some other social event on the forum for October or something, haha.

This should be more interesting then the first time it was run seeing as more people know about it now. I guess my chances of getting drinks bought for me are getting dim....lol, Bring on the Forum Superlatives!!!

Then it'll be October and we can have some other social event on the forum for October or something, haha.

Makes me wonder what other type of social events we can have to get the forum more involved in activites, though when you really think about it there are a tonne of things that can be done.

Edited by J-Lord144

We can do ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

Except not really.

When I first joined in 2003/2004 (I don't quite remember--Koby would), they had PMYC running during October. Basically all the subfora were hidden except for one and you just had to post your little heart out in that one subforum. I don't know if that's something he'd care to do again, haha.

I mean, there's always RPs and, like, photos of people's costumes, haha. Graphics competitions will be available because Poe and Apollo are boss at keeping their subforum running. We can do some sort of weird forum scavenger hunt thing or forum bingo or something. I don't know.

It's really hard to type right now cause my cat is trying to be the keyboard. lol

I definitely think we should special events for the holidays coming up. [Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas]

@poe - Like a doing a special Halloween based SOTWs and BOTM contests. For the SOTW contests...we could have strictly Halloween based themes for that month. You know...candy, black cats, witches, vampires, jack-o-lanterns, etc. I also think a Halloween costume contest would be a great idea, as Poe said.

[sorry, I am REALLY BIG into Halloween.]

I also think it would be great to have a spooky story thread for October, which I would love to start that thread and manage that one...and if possible...have it pinned in the Art and Lit area so that it would be up top and not have it keep going down when other threads get commented on, just for the month of October first. It would make it easier for people to find. I would just need someone with power who could pin it for me when it gets started.

[Again, as you can tell, I really love Halloween :3]

Tell me what you think. :)

Edited by Sakura Rei

I'm pretty sure they have themed contests for the major holidays, at least for BOTM. I'm not sure how people would feel about having SOTW options limited, haha.

A costume contest of sorts would be cool, but I don't want anyone to feel put off, like they have to spend money to participate.

We could do like a forum murder mystery, but that probably sounds a lot cooler in my head than it does out loud, haha.

We could do like a forum murder mystery, but that probably sounds a lot cooler in my head than it does out loud, haha.

Actually, you could be on to something there EO. A murder mystery sounds extremely interesting, and would go quite well for that month. It would be like playing Clue. Figure out who did it, where, how, and maybe have a motive...but the motive could be made up by the person guessing. What I mean, is not have people give a set motive...just a made up one to make it interesting.

As far as the SOTW...I was mainly thinking we could still choose themes, but have them have some kind of link to Halloween. Or maybe just for the week of Halloween. Thou I think it could be done every week that month. There are so many possible theme ideas for Halloween. It was just a thought. It isn't often I can think of stuff for the forums.

What about my idea of a spooky stories thread...where people can post some of the spookiest stories they experienced, heard, and read about? I mean, granted I could just start the thread if I wanted to, but I would like it pinned at least for October so it would make it easier for people to find.

Sorry, we were talking about forum superlatives...got a bit off topic.

Edited by Sakura Rei

Haha, don't worry about it. There's a bit in the OP about other events, and I started you guys on this topic anyway.

We can do spooky stuff, creepy pastas and real life stories and all kinds of themed threads. Be pretty simple, haha.

I figure a murder mystery type of thing would be the easiest kind of RP for people to get into--be a little work getting it set up, but no one would have to be any sort of character except for the people in on the murder.

• Like 1

Haha, don't worry about it. There's a bit in the OP about other events, and I started you guys on this topic anyway.

We can do spooky stuff, creepy pastas and real life stories and all kinds of themed threads. Be pretty simple, haha.

I figure a murder mystery type of thing would be the easiest kind of RP for people to get into--be a little work getting it set up, but no one would have to be any sort of character except for the people in on the murder.

I really love your idea for having a murder mystery. Sound amazingly fun. If you decided to do it...I would more than happily help all I can. :)

@poe - Like a doing a special Halloween based SOTWs and BOTM contests. For the SOTW contests...we could have strictly Halloween based themes for that month. You know...candy, black cats, witches, vampires, jack-o-lanterns, etc.

We usually do a themed BOTM, but I don't think we've ever done one for SOTW. I guess if people are interested, we could do that; though it might get kind of repetitive trying to use the same genre four weeks in a row.

A costume contest of sorts would be cool, but I don't want anyone to feel put off, like they have to spend money to participate.

We could have different categories, such as Most Original, Silliest, Scariest, Most Accurate, Funniest, etc, to give people who may not want to spend money but still want to participate a chance. I mean, I made my Halloween costume last year from pieces bought from Salvation Army, so costumes don't have to cost a lot of money. But if you're going to buy a costume anyway, why not share it with us? =D

Another thought, maybe instead of/in addition to a contest, we could do a showcase. Like the Member Photo thread, but for people to post their favorite costumes (Halloween or otherwise) that they've worn.

As much as I'd love this idea, I don't think it would work very well, as far as people playing their respective characters. I just think that there would be way too much work, and there could be a lot that goes wrong. Now if someone wanted to take it upon themselves to write a story or something, that might be better, though also a lot of work for that person. Something similar to Mae's Murder at the Convention. But also, now thinking about it, that might also be bad because I'm sure there would be favoritism involved, and people not being included, which would cause drama, etc. Oops, rambling.

Long story, short... I'm really up for anything. If there's an event of any kind, I will most likely be participating. I'll leave the decision-making to the guys in charge, meep. But have some random thoughts anyway. XD

Also, if I can help in any way at all, let me know.

Edited by poetictragedy

@Poe - What do you think of my idea to start a "Spookie Stories" thread? Some people have some really good scary stories. I am sure, like myself, there are people whom thrive off of scary stories during Halloween. I would started it and all...the only thing I would request is someone to pin it to the top off that forum to make easier to find for October, and then you could unpin it after Halloween. I really want to do this thread for Halloween...I have lots of scary stories I could share, and I am sure there probably is others. Plus, I would wonder if we could make an exception to the rule of double posting on this particular thread. To make it easier to post separate stories. I would imagine I would put the thread in the Art and Lit. section.

I can see your point about it getting repetitive to do so 4 week in a row on the SOTW. So instead, for the "week of" Halloween, have a SOTW strictly Halloween based? Just an Idea.

Edited by Sakura Rei

We already have an addendum to the double posting rule.

As far as the murder mystery type thing, what I was imagining was having a small (possibly secret) crew who knows what happened to direct and mislead the general public in determining what happened. Having the secret crew would probably be the most difficult, but most interesting, I think. There'd be the arbiter/narrator to sort of keep things on track and possibly be the only one who knows the entire composition of the secret crew. It being a lot of work shouldn't be much of a problem since it's still early August--if it's something we do closer to the end of October, that'd be about two months to get it put together. Only issue would be finding someone willing to put it together, haha. I'm not nearly clever enough to write mysteries.

• Like 1

Wow. This thread had 67 posts when I went to bed last night.... holy crap. But anyhoo....

The murder mystery thing wouldn't work. It has been tried in the past with a kinda varying effect. Too many conflicting writing styles. Although, the RP section is always open for any RPM who wants to do a temporary theme'd one.

I don't like the idea of stickied spooky stories. I mean its kinda unfair, even if its temp. Competitions I can understand, but that would just be your thread, not a forum wide competition or anything. I mean I asked for my recruitment thread to be stickied and so far nada.... lmao

Personally I think we should just leave it with what we got. The superlatives are fine and all, but to much stuff is exactly that, too much stuff. Seriously, yer making decisions that will effect at least entire sections and no one is speaking about it.... kinda seems pretentious. But maybe thats just me.