Naruto Shippuden movie: Road to Ninja

Bardon

It's pretty much a given that the only thing people will be talking about when they see this is...why the fuck have Hinata and Ino switched places?

Check out this concept art

233px-Rtn_sasuke_and_hinata.JPG

222px-Road_to_ninja_group.JPG

And...Sasuke flirting? That is just wrong. Plus...why make Tonton black?

There is something I saw in that video that you may not have noticed. Just before Sasuke is flirting with Sakura...the words "World of Genjutsu" appear, at 0:29. What do they mean? Does this mean that canon Naruto is in a Genjutsu this entire movie, so he experiences an alternate possible reality?

That, or it could be a reference to Tobi's Eye of the Moon plan, which involves bathing the entire world in the Tsukuyomi, a genjutsu.

Edited by RikuoAmero

This looks like it's going to be terrible.

Hinata is now a slut, Ino now dresses like she's shy, Sasuke is now flirt instead of an emo fag, the pig is now black, Shikamaru looks like a fag, Choji is now skinny, Tsunade is likely to have no boobs to go with her glasses look.....

yeah er... don't fuck with my Hinata.

Though the fight with Tobi seems interesting... that and the fact Naruto's parents are still there. I'm guessing Tobi put him into some kind of Genjutsu?

This looks like it's going to be terrible.

Hinata is now a slut, Ino now dresses like she's shy, Sasuke is now flirt instead of an emo fag, the pig is now black, Shikamaru looks like a fag, Choji is now skinny, Tsunade is likely to have no boobs to go with her glasses look.....

yeah er... don't fuck with my Hinata.

Though the fight with Tobi seems interesting... that and the fact Naruto's parents are still there. I'm guessing Tobi put him into some kind of Genjutsu?

I bet you're still going to watch it though anyway, like me? Yeah, there's far too many changes, none of which the fans will like. Especially if it turns out that Naruto and Hinata are a couple in this movie, which can be interpreted as "Naruto would never like the canon Hinata, only if she acted like Ino", which then begs the question of why change her character at all? Just pair Naruto up with Ino then!

If you go here http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_6%3A_Road_to_Ninja

it says that Itachi is still a part of Akatsuki. So...what gives then with Sasuke being, well, semi-normal? Or did the Uchiha clan massacre still happen, but Sasuke switched around his priorities of Kill Itachi and Revive the Clan, so he's working on the clan part first?

Plus...why make Tonton black?

My knowledge of the Naruto universe is limited to having read some of the manga years ago, so I have little to comment on the characters appearing to have undergone some brainwashing or suffer from mind control worms of some sort, but what's wrong with making this particular character black?

My knowledge of the Naruto universe is limited to having read some of the manga years ago, so I have little to comment on the characters appearing to have undergone some brainwashing or suffer from mind control worms of some sort, but what's wrong with making this particular character black?

Tonton is a pig. A nice pink Pig.

Considering the pig is pink, changing it's color is just... o.o

It'd be like an alternate universe where Goku is blue.

Just because it's an alternate universe where the characters were raised in different enviroments and personalities were swapped, doesn't mean they're skin color would change.

Haha, okay. I was just curious because a lot of people find POC MLP gijinkas to be horrible and offensive for some reason and often cite weird reasons like, "The VA is white, so the human versions have to be white!" To me, in a sea of OOC characters both in behaviour and dress, palette changes would be the least of my worries.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Ok, first of all i still don't know which one to believe Narutopedia (saying naruto's parents will be dead here like the canon) or Wikipedia (saying that they will be alive), but that is not the topic of our discussion here. Everyone up until now, it seems, taking the change from a negative point of view, which is understanble. But i will try to see it from positive point. Change is not always bad, it can be for good too. So i will stay at a neutral position until i check it out. We are only not liking the change because we are already suited to something. Though i also don't see the point of making tonton black.

Also one thing that caught my eye while i was browsing through narutopedia is that, it says that Tobi attacks Naruto and Sakura with his "new" Doujutsu (probably never before seen genjutsu here). It can be possible that the changed characters appears to Naruto and Sakura in the genjutsu world.

You may have noticed in dialogue that tobi said: "In not resisting to their true desires, people will be caught in it."

So is that probably it? A genjutsu where both naruto and sakura are seeing their "true" desires? o.o

I can understand naruto wishing for his parents while sakura wishing for sasuke but why dafux did everybody else switch personalities?!! (even their physical traits look switched)

Maybe everybody else is having their own true desires being shown here as well, like how hinata might want herself to be more confident and shizune....uhh ok you know what, screw it. Too much confusion. Period.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems that each Naruto Shippuden movie that is released seems a bit better than the previous one, so hopefully "Road to Ninja" won't throw that back. I think Naruto's parents are the main reason I'm eager for this. The whole personality switching thing...yeah.... we'll see how that goes.

For those wanting some extra dosage of the movie, here's a special promo along with a oneshot chapter:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk8qMxqLGHg

http://www.mangaread...uto-the-movie/1

Strangely most of the story's already leaked out on the internet even though the movie hasn't officially released yet.

Given the rough draft, here's whats been revealed: *DO NOT READ IN CASE YOU WANT TO AVOID GETTING SPOILED OR MENTALLY DISTURBED*

(a Tobi somehow comes up with a "limited" version of his infinite tsukoyomi and uses it on naruto/sakura. (b This genjutsu apparently creates a complete mirror world in which everyone is opposite of their originals. A little contradiction here because according to the teaser episode we see that the original sakura disappears and in her place comes her mirror version which again disappears. Kinda giving us the impression that it may NOT be a genjutsu but instead a different dimension altogether. More than likely thats probably the case because there's no sense in having illusional ppl with free will and fighting alongside those who are caught in it. (c Speaking of that teaser episode, sakura's parents make an appearance......after all this bleeping time they finally make an appearance in both the anime and the movie. I know it ain't canon but it still seems a bit silly to introduce em so late in the story. In the mirror world they're dead and the father becomes fourth hokage instead of minato while him and kushina turn out alive. (d Tobi decides to fight naruto and everyone within the genjutsu/mirror world which again implies that this world isn't really an illusion.

I said it on my first post and I'll say it again, this movie screams kishi being a troll on us. Heck now when I look at it, half of the stuff seems like he referenced from fanfiction.

1, Bringing back sasuke and naruto's parents = biggest tease ever

2, Making hinata more confident/territorial towards naruto, sasuke flirting with multiple girls (uchiha clan revival maybe? lulz), difference in cleavage size, everyone's personalities getting a dose of crack etc. Yep they all look like the work of your neighborhood fandom.

3, The biggest and worst of em all........sweet mother of fanservice what has thou created?...........*cough* Ok you know what, I think I'll put it in spoiler for you because as I warned above, this could make you mentally disturbed for Lord knows how long. x___x

Naruto AND Sasuke have...a child! Yes I ain't derping, the infamous yaoi pairing took it to the next level and its all thanks to Mr trollbag kishimoto! >___________>

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l_QfiXXcl8

tumblr_m7ysx0FNMH1qhgvxw.png

Remember sakura's mirror version? Well this is naruto's mirror version and he's packed with both a sharingan and kyuubi to boot. I swear I can't keep a straight face while looking at this guy, he totally looks like their illegitimate kid if not their fusion'd form. I can already see narusasu fans going wild with this. -____-;;;

Some more piccies of him:

menma._naruto.the.movie-.road.to.ninja_.full.1209402.jpg

Menma.%28Naruto.The.Movie%3A.Road.To.Ninja%29.full.1210750.jpg

Menma.%28Naruto.The.Movie%3A.Road.To.Ninja%29.600.1210304.jpg

And with that, I wrap up my report for today. I hope your mind doesn't get as f*ck*d as mine after viewing all of this. =P

~Kthnxbye

roadtoninja.gif

I...my god...the sheer horror....*rocks terrified in the corner* A NaruSasu love child? How? Why?

So...if Sakura's father became the Fourth Hokage...does that mean he sealed the Kyuubi in this world into Sakura? Also, what's up with Tsunade being the Fifth, when Minato is clearly alive and well!? Is Minato a weak ninja in this version?

I really don't get why this movie exists at all, because it changes far too many things. The intended audience is of course Naruto fans, but instead of getting any real enjoyment, all they'll be doing is sitting back and counting how many changes there are. Like for example that Shino is afraid of bugs and that Sai can't draw to save his life. Seriously, this movie cannot act as a story, because of the sheer amount of changes. The audience will be sitting there wondering why Naruto has black hair and a Sharingan eye, which in and of itself would at least a couple episodes to explain.

Kishimoto's taking his established Naruto universe, saying here's a mirror version in this movie, and he's going to do one of two things

1) Have every line of dialogue be exposition, explaining why things are this way. This would turn Road to Ninja into the live-action Avatar the Last Airbender, where every line was exposition, explaining the story to those who were unfamiliar with the ATLA universe.

2) Not explain anything, tell a story, but have the devoted Naruto fans scratching their heads as to what the reason is for each and every change. Why is Tonton black? Why is Ino shy and withdrawn, and Hinata outgoing and....well, slutty?

This cannot work as a movie.

EDIT: Oh and Bardon, love that gif you have at the end. Even though it's Hinata and we know canon Hinata would never do it, I love seeing Sasuke getting repeatedly punched over and over again. Seriously, I could stare at that for hours.

LAST EDIT: Am still going to see this movie, as soon as someone uploads a torrent of it. I can just imagine what the new Hinata would look like while fighting :nosebleed:

Edited by RikuoAmero

Kishi has completely ruined this movie. When i first heard of this movie i thought, so it's going to be a naruto story only in another unioverse where his parents are alive. But what is this crap?! Kishi could've simply done a story where Tobi doesnot attack Konoha during Kushina's childbirth and then after 12-15 years decide to attack Konoha with the his fellow akatsuki members and is defeated by the combined effort of Minato, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi (uchiha clan massacre doesnot take place here), Kakashi and the others (at least that's what i was expecting to see when i heard of this movie). Anyway, no matter how much i am dissapointed i am still going to see the movie, after all i can't come to a perfect conclusions unless i see it first hand.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone found a subbed version of this yet? I've been looking and so far, nothing. Which is odd, normally the fansubbers would be all over this.

It takes 8 months after theatrical premier before it's out on dvd. Not sure when it's theatrical premier is or if it's even premiered yet, but it's not out yet on dvd I know at least. Typically Naruto movies are released in April to dvd in Japan.