Forum Converted to IPB

Koby

Glad to see the forum up and running with its shinny new sleek look. It will take a little time for me to get use to it but so far it looks like everything is here and all good, well almost everything but still hopefully we have a bright future ahead of us in this forum. Cheers Koby for the hard work in upgrading the forum!

This feels different, but I'm sure that if you put a banner and a backgroud it'll be good. Also, I think the gil is gone.

This is my first post after the change so i'll edit to say how to change gender (still crusader-0 at the moment)

EDIT : there are no options to change the gender in the edit profile page. It says : "Not Telling" but I'm a male. if an admin wouldn't mind changing it, I would be grateful. Also I became crusader after this post, but I was Crusader + before.

EDIT 2 : I'm now crusader + and I don't know if an admin did it. If it's the case, thanks.

Edited by Dude888

The download section says Sorry, we couldn't find that!?

Are you using the correct link? Koby mentioned naming conventions have changed, so if you're still using an old link from when the forum was still using vB, it won't work.

Can't wait to see what the place looks like once you get in a theme and banners and all kinds of little tweaks and stuff, haha.

Also, I'm so happy there's a "Like This" button. Does that mean I can burn "THANKS THIS IS GREAT POSTS"??

ETA: Actually, when I'm editing my signature to update my story links, this is what it says:

"Your signature may contain:

• Up to 2 images • Images up to 600 x 220 pixels"

This indicates to me, at least, people can have gargantuan signatures if both images can be 600px x 220px.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Are you using the correct link? Koby mentioned naming conventions have changed, so if you're still using an old link from when the forum was still using vB, it won't work.

Can't wait to see what the place looks like once you get in a theme and banners and all kinds of little tweaks and stuff, haha.

Also, I'm so happy there's a "Like This" button. Does that mean I can burn "THANKS THIS IS GREAT POSTS"??

ETA: Actually, when I'm editing my signature to update my story links, this is what it says:

"Your signature may contain:

• Up to 2 images • Images up to 600 x 220 pixels"

This indicates to me, at least, people can have gargantuan signatures if both images can be 600px x 220px.

It worked thanks for your help.

great work bro now please for the love of god get a dark skin installed soon my dang eyes are bleeding looking at the forum

YES please a dark theme would be fantastic! i miss the old dark theme, but i can wait until you get everything back together. also i lost my donator status too, take your time koby, you have LOTS to do *huggles*

• Like 1

I have a complaint, and I don't like cheese.

With Youtube videos, using the tags works great for embedding videos, but I can only post two per post?!

THIS IS DRACONIAN, KOBY. DRACONIAN. I DEMAND RECOMPENSE.

Also, what is the image limit per post? I hit it in my showcase, but then I edited the post regardless so now I forgot what the limit is?

i mostly need to know these things for the FAQ, because now I have to update it to reflect these changes. I am not actually hurt by any of these limitations.

Guess I'm in the minority in that I don't really care for the new look. I'm not going to give you too much crap, though, since I know it was a pain in the ass, but I do kind of miss vBulletin already.

I'm still on the fence. Kam needed an update in my opinion and we'll see in the coming days/weeks how good this is. Though I'll miss the classic look, I'm already delighted at how there is a proper mobile version now.

Clean look, spot on! I do tend to hang on to classic stuff and therefore miss vBulletin already too. Only been on Kametsu forums for about a year now so I'm sure I'll come around to liking the new IPB :dhh:

I had the same issue when clicking on the board name from the forum home page. It only worked after posting a message.

Also, chances are you're all still Crusader-0, as it didn't convert members into correct groups. If I have things setup correctly, you should be able to simply post once (if you're over 15 posts) and you'll be upgraded (and unlike before, it should be instant).

This was likely the problem, ronan, and why posting resolved your issue. Your account had not yet been upgraded.